ENGIE Energy Access
Zambia Sales Manager- 3 Provinces
at ENGIE Energy Access
Job Title: Zambia Sales Manager – 3 Provinces
Department: Commercial Sales
Reporting Line: Zambia Head of Commercial and Marketing
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
About ENGIE Energy Access
ENGIE Energy Access is one of the leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable installments from $0.19 per day and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities. With over 1,700 employees, operations in 9 countries across Africa (Benin, Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1.2 million customers and more than 6 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to remain the leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
Reporting to the Head of Commercial , the Sales Manager will oversee sales in the region under their stewardship and will be responsible for developing and managing a highly motivated sales team.
This is an exciting role which requires understanding our customer base as well as the diversity of the Zambian renewable energy and financial market. The Sales Manager needs to have the determination and vision to embody our core values including: the ability to Think Big and Make It Happen, while always ensuring Exceptional Customer Experience.
Sales Strategy and team leadership
- Breaking down Country Strategies into district level tactics and driving implementation to achieve set KPIs.
- Communicate monthly & weekly Sales targets and providing required support to achieve them.
- Inspire, Motivate and Mentor Sales team at provincial and national level.
- Ensure that the teams they oversee are highly motivated.
- Supervise Stock movement to ensure Zero stock loss in the region of operation as well as provide volume forecasts on required stock by SKU.
- Deliver regional Sales Volumes as per Contribution target set and in line with revenue goals/Kit Mix.
- Continuously synthesize feedback from the field team and drive the resolution on challenges that may affect attainment of set goals.
- Manage Feedback of direct reports in line with Team Development & HR KPIs.
- Recruit, Train and Retain Sales Representatives.
- Provide guidance to ensure field teams provide exceptional Customer Experience at every customer touch point in collaboration with Customer Experience Team.
- In collaboration with Customer Finance, drive the implementation of Repayment, Repossession and Customer Engagement Strategies.
- Weekly and Monthly Reporting on ALL KPIs as required.
- Actively participate on monitors competition in collaboration with the Product Dev team.
- Escalate Identified risks and define possible mitigation measures.
At EEA, we have high expectations for our managers. Each manager plays a key role in creating an exceptional experience not only for our customers but for every person on our team. Our managers help EEA realize our ambitious goals while developing their own leadership skills and facilitating growth for their direct reports.
We believe that great managers:
- Deliver ambitious results: As a high-performing and accountable leader, you create an enabling environment for effective action and bold decision which contribute to successful delivery of results.
- Act with integrity: As an ethical leader you are honest, respectful, objective, and transparent. You create and build upon a foundation of trust and openness.
- Inspire and mentor the team: As an inspirational leader you walk the talk. You empower and coach your team with trust and humility.
- Are accessible: as an accessible leader, you develop and maintain deep connections with stakeholders through approachability and active listening.
- Ensure diversity and inclusion: as an inclusive leader, you ensure diversity and foster a sense of belonging.
Knowledge and skills
- Sales Success Track record
- Loan Sales & Portfolio Management experience
- 2 years leading a team of more than 5 Sales Representatives at Provincial Level
- Experience in the development of Sales Strategies
- Computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment
- Good oral and written communication
- Experienced at multitasking under pressure against demands and deadlines, whilst always maintaining a positive and constructive attitude and demeanor
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of integrity, professionalism, confidentiality and maturity
- Flexible approach to working, able to pick up a variety of tasks/projects with minimal supervision
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Agility and innovation
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or relevant field.
- A local language is a plus
We thank all applicants for their interest, however due to the large volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ENGIE is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All applications are screened based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without any regard to origin, age, name, sexual identity, orientation or preference, religion, marital status, health, disability, political opinions, union involvement or citizenship. Our differences are our strengths!
A significant exposure to Ethics risk given the geographical footprint (9 African markets) and type of activities (B2C, with large sales force on the field), this hire is critical for business continuity.]
Find Zambia Jobs – The best job board for Jobs in Zambia
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.