AB InBev Africa
The Zambia Country Procurement Manager will be responsible for the Procurement Operations and Procurement Personnel at all local operations in Zambia.
The Country Procurement Manager leads and coordinates the local Procurement organization including accountability for local target and KPI achievement in alignment with global and Africa Zone Procurement goals. Drives Procurement value contribution and excellent service to the Africa Zone business while ensuring compliance with policies, strategies and processes.
In addition to the elements mentioned above, the Zambia Country Procurement Manager takes functional and managerial responsibility for the Procurement team allocated to Zambia.
- Total Value of Spend: ~$110 million USD.
- Plants to support: Two (2) Breweries
Number of categories to support:
- Local Sourcing / Farming Inputs for Barley, Maize and Cassava
- Primary and Secondary Raw Materials sourced locally, regionally and Internationally
- Packaging Materials, Sourced locally and Internationally
- Energy & Fluids materials(Diesel, Electricity, Water, Coal, etc.)
- Co-product sales from Production Operations
- Full beer Imports
- Finance Operations including legal and audit contracts
- Technology Contracts including, but not limited to, Licenses and Mobile agreements
Manage the Country/Local Procurement organization:
- Manage and develop the local Procurement Organization and drive continuous improvement of operations
- Lead team members in accordance with the Company principles to support the organization’s overall leadership focus on performance and talent management, values, price & performance management and self-management practices
- Manage direct reports including target setting, performance review, and career and training development
- Facilitate intra-category and inter-country collaboration with Local Category Managers and Procurement Specialists
- Assess impact within the Country of changing global and Zone Procurement policies
- Assess impact of locally changing requirements, including legislation and policies
- Position/escalate Country specific Procurement requirements on a Zone level including changes of local legislations and policies
- Actively support roll-out of Global and Zone Procurement development initiatives within the Country
- Support strong and robust Procurement infrastructure aimed at optimizing transactional purchasing activities, aligned with BU, Zone and Global infrastructure
- Promoting sustainability initiatives throughout Procurement in Agri, water and the energy space
- Develop and monitor the Procurement budget in the Country in alignment with the BU Procurement Director; overseeing financial well-being thereof by analyzing cost effectiveness and directing cost control activities; preparing, submitting and justifying budget enhancement requests and profit forecast; lead work on mitigation plans when/if purchase price variances against budget occur
- Support the local business customer in setting up their plans, budgets and strategies
- Ensure execution of the Zone yearly action plan to improve the Procurement Function at Country level, and monitor and control savings plan for the BU
Support Global/Zone category strategy development and initiative execution
- Coordinate resource allocation to support Global / Zone initiatives on a Country level
- Lead and support strategic sourcing activities within Zambia
- Act as a change agent in leading implementation of new global Procurement initiatives
Support global/Zone category execution by leading contract implementation & driving contract compliance
- Act as facilitator between Global and Zone Category Managers and Procurement Specialists in order to ensure local implementation of new contracts
- Coordinate contract implementation of major contracts with Procurement Specialists and users
- Follow-up on contract compliance; define and take corrective actions to improve contract compliance, supported by RPSS
Manage supplier relationships on Country level
- In line with defined Procurement strategy, support the classification and categorization of suppliers, including definition of supplier evaluation and audit policies
- Continuously track supplier performance (utilizing data / reports provided by the Sourcing Analyst)
- Lead or support supplier development activities such as setting up cross functional review meetings with suppliers in order to improve performance and further reduce costs in alignment with the Zone and Global Category team
- Initiate and conduct supplier performance review meetings to define improvement plans and follow-up on execution (as part of on-going operation);
- Identify potential contract improvement opportunities and re-negotiations, in alignment with Zone and Global Procurement Managers, internal customers and BU stakeholders
Manage Internal Customer relationships and Satisfaction on Country Level
- Represent the Procurement function at local in-country governance forums
- Manage relationship with RPSS, review RPSS performance, KPIs and SLAs and agree on joint improvement actions
- Develop and maintain effective strategic relationships with key internal customers and stakeholders
- Manage internal customer feedback on Procurement organisation & supplier performance
- Reinforce and promote implementation of best practices to ensure end users are following prescribed buying channels for all materials and services
- Within the framework of the cross functional sourcing and supplier development teams, closely develop and manage the relationship with internal customers
- Proactively organise engagements with internal customers to identify further Total Cost of Ownership reduction opportunities, in alignment with Zone and Global Category Teams
- Improve and reinforce Procurement’s profile and recognition within the internal customer Community
- Academic background: University/Bachelor’s degree, preferably in commerce or Quantitative Economics or Procurement or other relevant disciplines; or a relevant combination of formal qualifications and additional specialized study; a recognized qualification in Procurement would be considered an asset.
- Experience: Experience within Procurement is preferable however not a requirement, minimum 3 years work experience.
- Language skills: Proficiency in English essential.
Critical skills needed for success in this position:
- Strong analytical skills including cost and spend analysis and high Microsoft excel proficiency
- Project management skills
- Negotiation skills
- Basic knowledge of finance and accounting allowing the ability to run/read analysis of a supplier’s P&L and balance sheet
- Communicate effectively by conveying information and ideas in English, in a clear, meaningful, and timely manner, providing information to ensure understanding; solicit inputs and provide open and candid feedback.
- Develop collaborative relationships for the purpose of accomplishing work objectives; developing relationships with other individuals by listening, sharing ideas, and appreciating others’ efforts.
- Ability to coordinate across multiple functions and projects
- Languages: English and Portuguese as working languages
- Ability to conceptualize business impact focused analytics
Reporting Structure: Management complexity
- Direct Reports – 1
- Internal Zambia – Logistics & Planning, Finance, Legal, Supply(Brewing Operations), Marketing, Sales and Distribution, Corporate Affairs, Agricultural Development, Trade Marketing, Technology
- Internal Africa Zone – Zone Procurement Teams, Zone Supply, Logistics and Planning teams, Zone finance Price and Performance Management teams, Zone Corporate Affairs teams, Mubex
- Internal – Functional Directors, Plant Managers, HODs, National Fleet Manager, Planning and Logistics Managers, Country Finance Managers, Country Marketing Manager, District Managers, Sales Managers, Marketing Brand Managers, Local Procurement personnel
- External – Local Suppliers, International Suppliers, Government Institutions, Corporate businesses
- Band: VI
To apply for this job please visit wd1.myworkdaysite.com.