Dangote Cement Zambia
- The Workshop Supervisor is responsible for directing and supervising workshop operations to ensure Truck availability is achieved to meet sales target & business sustainability. Candidate must be a qualified mechanic with proven experience in working with Sino Trucks and Other Utility vehicles.
- Managing a team of mechanics to ensure the entire fleet of vehicles are in a good working condition and are available for use at all times.
- Planning preventative maintenance servicing of vehicles in a well-planned, organized manner to ensure vehicles are serviced and maintained to enhance their lifespan and help to ensure world class out experience.
- Ensuring adequate stocks are kept in stores for efficient replacement of parts and to limit procurement delays leading to vehicles being unavailable for use.
- Ensure all maintenance tasks are carried out as per OEM recommendation and company set out change out procedures.
- Reporting timely and accurately on a weekly, monthly and annual basis to the Operations Manager and General Manager to ensure all reports are set up to date and demonstrate a clear grasp of the performance of the Workshop
- Managing fuel levels and reorder levels to ensure vehicles always have fuel available and are ready for operations;
- Provide input on an annual budget required to run the workshop and work closely with the workshop team to ensure budgets are met.
- Implement clear health and safety SOP’s in the workshop to help create a safe, healthy working environment.
- A minimum of (7-10) years of related experience,
- A Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Proven working experience in a Large Transporting Company.
- Excellent understanding of logistics and Transport
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suits/SAP applications.
- Great Communication Skills
- Medical Insurance Cover
- In-House Pension Scheme
- Quarterly Production Bonus
- Life Assurance
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.