Lumwana Mining Company Limited
Location: Lumwana Mine, Solwezi, Zambia.
Reporting to: Warehouse Superintendent
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Warehouse Coordinator.
Reporting to the Warehouse Superintendent, your duties will include but not limited to the following;
- Manage Warehouse team to comply with safety regulations, company policies, procedures, and ethical guidelines.
- Provide timely and efficient Warehouse services that strive to meet and exceed customer expectations and deadlines
- Provide accurate advice to LMC personnel on Warehouse matters
- Be an active participant within the Supply team and assist with achievement of the section’s goals.
- Provide in a timely manner all documentation as agreed with customers and external parties
- Develop methods of delivering a consistent and quality services to all customers
- Provide direction and leadership in the development of the warehouse workgroup
- Assist in developing team members to international levels.
- Ensure employee performance is optimized as per management expectations and take appropriate action to remedy any employee substandard performance or behaviour.
Experience & Qualifications
- Grade 12 school certificate.
- Holder of a minimum in CIPS/ZIPS Diploma or bachelor’s degree in Purchasing & Supply.
- Must be a Member of Zambia Institute of Purchasing & Supply ZIPS.
- Minimum of 5 years with experience in warehousing of which at least 3 were in a leadership role preferably in a Mining Environment.
- Computing experience of all Microsoft application software
- Sound knowledge on SAP materials management system or any other ERP materials management will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a Supply Chain team, End user and Suppliers in order to deliver a quality service to customers.
- Understanding of the relationship between warehousing, inventory and Procurement operations and successful business performance.
- Required to have a valid driving license.
Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply
Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.barrick.com.