Zambian Governance Foundation
Job Opportunity – Volunteer Loop Assistant (Lusaka, Eastern and Northern Province)
The Zambian Governance Foundation for Civil Society’s (ZGF) mandate is to strengthen local communities and civil society capacities to unlock and utilize available and untapped resources for sustainable development. ZGF has a strong belief that local communities have the power and resourcefulness to shape their own development without relying on external aid. To achieve this, ZGF has been providing access to grants, capacity development and other resources to local CSOs and CBOs across Zambia, using a non-thematic approach, and working with communities to nurture community philanthropy.
ZGF now wishes to recruit a Volunteer Loop Assistant who fully subscribes to ZGF’s ethos and actively supports the programme team in advancing civil society and community development. Under the supervision of the Loop Coordinator, s/he will be responsible for supporting various Loop activities, such as identification of partner organisations, promoting Loop as a feedback system, and maintaining a list of stakeholders and others
The applicant must be well conversant with Microsoft suit including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook, must have a Diploma in Project Planning and Management or related field and should be resident in either Eastern or Northern Zambia and speaks relevant local languages.
To apply for this position, send an application comprising application letter, CV and copies of relevant certificates to [email protected]. The closing date for receiving applications is Friday, 30th July 2021. Should we decide to take your application further, we will get in touch with you. ZGF is an equal opportunity employer.
Volunteer Loop Assistant (Eastern and Northern Province)
Loop is an independent feedback mechanism. We believe that everyone should have an opinion about the type of aid that they receive and that they should be able to give feedback on the projects in their community to various organizations and service providers. This feedback mechanism is an online feedback mechanism (https://www.ourloop.io), the platform also works with (USSD) this option targets marginalized people that are usually the main beneficiaries of aid, so that they as well can be able to share their stories and their stories can be published online.
Under the supervision of the Loop Coordinator, the Volunteer Loop Assistant will be responsible for supporting various Loop activities, such as identification of partner organisations, promoting Loop as a feedback system, and maintaining a list of stakeholders and others. This position is ideal for an individual with strong organisational, interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
1. Be part of the Loop roll out team in other provinces
2. Meet people from various organisations to promote and explain the Loop feedback system
3. Participate in community outreach activities
4. Participate in radio programmes in support of the Loop roll out
5. Engage other key stakeholders on how they can use and integrate Loop into their work
6. Undertake other special tasks as assigned by the Loop Coordinator
1. Experience in Microsoft Office user including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook
2. Diploma in Project Planning and Management or related field
3. Excellent verbal and written communication
4. Demonstrated ability to prioritize projects and multi-task in a fast-paced working environment
5. Knowledge of working with multicultural communities, community led development including accountability issues
6. Excellent interpersonal skills, positive attitude and ability to carry a professional tone
7. Should be resident in either Eastern or Northern Zambia and speaks relevant local languages
The assignment is for four months with possibility of extension. Please note this a voluntary position and no salary will be paid.
Find Zambia Jobs – The best job board for Jobs in Zambia
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.