Zambeef Products PLC
Zambeef Products PLC is the largest integrated cold chain food products and agribusiness company in Zambia and one of the largest in the Southern Africa region. It is involved in the primary production, processing, distribution and retailing of beef, chicken, pork, eggs, dairy, fish, flour, stockfeed and day-old chicks throughout Zambia and the surrounding region.
Zambeef is inviting suitable candidates to apply for the position of Veterinarian (x2) at Zamhatch Ltd – Eastern and Copperbelt Regions
- Shall provide the basic examination, flock behaviour, observe poultry behaviour, production analysis, nutritional recommendations and devise effective flock health management procedures
- Conduct all the poultry vaccinations programs in both Broilers and Layers
- Collaborate with the Hatchery/Zamhatch to ensure disease prevention, disease surveillance, and treatment of disease in the breeders
- Effectively Coordinate all Biosecurity measures at all the necessary critical control points of the farm
- Conduct routine disease surveillance in both layers and broilers and treatment of disease in cases of disease outbreak
- Provide prompt response to complaints relating to chick quality/health reported through Zambeef customer service, Zamhatch customer care offices or Zamhatch agents in order to ensure that the name of the brand is protected at all times.
- Provide technical support to and conduct trainings on poultry health /management to external Zamhatch customers
- Provide veterinary services to both external small-scale customers and contract growers
- With a Minimum Degree in Veterinary Medicine
- Minimum of two years of work experience as a Poultry Veterinarian or with any poultry experience
- Computer literacy
- Valid Motor Vehicle license
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Great knowledge and experience in poultry medicine
Interested candidates meeting the above criteria should submit hand written letters, with detailed Curriculum Vitae and copies of certificates and contact details of three (3) referees and should be addressed to:
THE HR OPERATIONS MANAGER
Zambeef Products PLC
P/B 17, Woodlands
Email: [email protected]
NB. Zambeef Products PLC values gender diversity in the recruitment process as we promote gender equality.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 15th January, 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.