DEPARTMENT : Networks
VACANCY : VAS Engineer
JOB LEVEL : Manager
LOCATION : Lusaka, HQ
The VAS performance Engineer for Airtel Zambia is responsible for the end to end quality, reporting, partner management and ensuring continuous performance of overall Network Quality as per set KPI’s
REPORTING TO THE NETWORK SERVICES MANAGER- THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL;
- Carry out continuous Network Configuration Improvement Activities to ensure adherence to FTR of Products and Projects
- Ensure all products related configurations are tested before handing over to business teams
- Analysis of solutions proposed by partner specifying relevance and expected impact on the network performance
- Data input gathering for new VAS node addition/modification
- Preparation or/and review of CR / MOPs for execution by partner
- Validation of solution document / HLD / LLD of all VAS projects
- Coordinate planning with GPOC in alignment with AOP guidelines
- Project Management
- Ensure functional partner is aligned to the contractual KPI’s on VAS
- Drive partner participation in optimization and improvement activities
- KPI and Exclusion sign off
- Carry out network quality diagnosis, audits and performance trending analysis and make recommendation for improvement
- KPI and reporting Validation
- Report analysis and intelligent output of analysis
- Selection of tools, indicators and methods that contribute to conduct analysis, validate their accuracy and consistency
- Bachelor of Engineer degree (communication, electronics, or related fields)
- 5 years’ experience in VAS network Performance /Optimization/Planning/O&M
PERSONAL BEHAVIOUR REQUIRED IN THE POST
- Sound knowledge of VAS Network Optimization and/or O&M
- Analytical, statistical, presentation and people management skills.
- Attention to detail and follow up on closure on issues
- Ability to manage an outsourcing partner to deliver as per contract
- Fast learner, team player and High level of Integrity
Suitable candidates requested to apply by sending through their CV’s to email@example.com. Closing date for receiving applications is Wednesday, 14th July, 2021.
Airtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is non-discriminatory on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability, ethnic grouping nor health status.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Find Zambia Jobs – The best job board for Jobs in Zambia
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.