Examinations Council of Zambia (ECZ)
EXAMINATIONS COUNCIL OF ZAMBIA
The Examinations Council of Zambia (ECZ) was established by an Act of Parliament No. 15 of 1983,
Chapter 137 of the Laws of the Republic of Zambia to set and conduct Examinations and award Certificates and diplomas to successful candidates. The vision of the Council is to be an examining body of excellence.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced applicants to fill the following vacant
position in Test Development Department.
TYPESETTER (1) ECZ3 HQ
Reporting to the Senior Typesetter, the Typesetter will typeset school and tertiary examination question papers, examination materials and other related documents.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receives examination question papers from the Senior Typesetter.
- Typesets examinations materials according to set standards and timeframes
- Typesets examination materials at all levels
- Typesets the materials in the assigned subjects
- Produces camera ready copies and submits them to the Senior Typesetter.
- Keep track of documents under different stages of typesetting
- Maintain and keep a proper record of all assigned work
- Undertake timely backups and secures the typeset work
- Effects amendments to the proof read documents
- Effects the modifications to parallel question papers
- Adhere to security protocols for the unit
- Set targets and agree to performance measures in order to meet the strategic objectives of the institution
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- School Certificate or its equivalent
- Diploma in Secretarial Studies or Public Administration or Graphic Design or Computer Studies
- 80/65 WPM
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in typesetting or graphic designing
Applicants who meet the above qualifications are encouraged to submit an application letter, Verified
copies of Academic and Professional certificates together with detailed Curriculum Vitae including three (3) traceable referees and day time contact numbers and copy of NRC. All applications must reach the undersigned not later than 26th October, 2022.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted. Electronic applications will not be accepted.
The Council Secretary
Examinations Council of Zambia
Haile Selassie Avenue, Longacres
P.O Box 50432