Be the single point of contact between various parties: loading terminals in Mozambique – Tanzania – Namibia – Zimbabwe, supply teams in country and out of the country, Transporters, offloading sites in Zambia. Manage transport contracts and build a reliable transport services network. Ensure efficiency in operations and HSSE while ensuring the best satisfaction of internal suppliers and customers
Knowledge Skills and Abilities, Key Responsibilities:
- Ensure effective transport contacts execution as per agreement terms and conditions
- Monitor transporters’ performances and engage poor performers for improvement plan
- Upkeep of Transporters fleet list and driver training matrix.
- Ensure respective insurances for internal and external transporters are up to date and cover Puma requirements.
- Maintain and update the vehicle list in Windms (e-Puma)
- Maintain and update rates in Windms
- Review transport invoices and payment schedules on a daily basis by verifying pricing accuracy prior to being submitted to finance for payment.
- Transporter loss reconciliation and investigations.
- Conduct with Country Procurement at least once a year transport contract review with transporter
Operations Planning and Coordination
- Liaise with country Supply team to collect volumes forecasts Vs fleet size
- Coordinate Sub-Regional Transport Operations Coordinator and Optimisation loading operations at coastal terminals in Mozambique, Tanzania, Zimbabwe, and/or Namibia, South Africa
- Pre-plan by optimisation resources nominations with transporters taking into consideration cost optimisation and receiving facilities constraints: ullage, offloading operations, consumptions / sales performances Vs budgets
- Communicate resources mobilised to Supply / Operators teams to enable release of loading orders to the transporter
- Follow up daily loading operations
- Effective and proactively address challenges to ensure smoothness of the operations
- Monitor from start to end resources trips to be able to provide accurate information on resources whereabouts at all time
- Compile reports with trend analysis and inform decision making
HSE & Operations Excellence
- Assess services performances to internal customers on monthly basis: actual Vs plan
- Monitor transporters’ HSE performances to ensure compliance with Group objectives:
- Zero fatality
- Zero pollution
- Monitor transporters’ operational performances to ensure full customers’ satisfactions:
- On-Time-In-Full deliveries
- Resources turnaround time optimisation
- In-transit loss reduction at ALARP
- Transport cost optimisation
- Build strong relationship, in strong coordination with the Transport HSE Supervisor, HSE and Operational excellence culture with the transporters and the drivers via the Drivers league:
- Ensure monthly monitoring of the drivers’ behaviour using IVMS data
- Populate on a monthly basis drivers’ performance ranking
- Organise once a year the drivers’ and transporters award ceremony
- Coordinate proper and timely major incidents investigation in coordination with transporters
- Ensure proper actions taken by the transporter on drivers’ behaviour non-compliances
- Support transporters with the intention of improving operational and technical standards in alignment to Operating country legislation and Puma Energy standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, supply and logistics or related field (ZQF 7+) that would provide a strong background is required
- 4-7 years’ proven experience in transport, logistics contract, operations and planning management with sound achievements. Above knowledge in transport of fuels by road will be a plus.
- Ability to effectively manage interfaces and relationships (transporters, drivers, terminals/depots, internal and external customers, government agencies) to the safeguard the best interest of Puma Energy Zambia
- Excellent ability to step back and analyze challenges while being effectively on ground to provide concrete solutions
- Trained in conflict management and business negotiation processes
- Hands on experience in conducting vehicle and safety audits in a dangerous goods road transportation environment.
- Proven record of accomplishment as being able to self-manage, motivate and coach others.
- Knowledge of general business software and aptitude to learn new applications; proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Fluent in English
Key Relationships and Department Overview:
- Internal: GM, BSM, B2B, Retail, Lubricants, HSE, Procurement, Depots Superintendent and Supervisors, Operations Manager
To apply for this job please visit trafigura.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.