Website Kasanka Trust Limited
The main objective of this role is to develop, manage and promote all tourism within the park, develop community-based tourism attractions in surrounding areas, in collaboration with the Community Development Manager, and increase linkages with the “Northern Circuit”. The suitable candidate will be expected to take ownership of this role and be driven to take tourism in Kasanka and the region to new heights.
(1) Administration, bookings and marketing
- Develop and manage tourism strategies, work plans, budgets and pricing structures
- Work with the finance team to monitor tourism income and expenditure to maximise profitability of the business
- Manage local Zambian, camping and group bookings (schools, Peace Corps etc.)
- Manage international bookings throughout the year, for both lodges and campsites
- Work closely with Kasanka’s Fundraising and Communications Manager on all domestic and international marketing, providing content to the latter, responsible for Marketing formatting
- Collaborate with the General Manager on the tendering and selection process for tourism concessions in the park and work closely with concessionaires to establish productive relationships
- Provide bi-monthly updates and communications materials to the Fundraising and Communications Manager for social media and newsletters
- Prepare monthly reports for the General Manager
(2) Management and operations
- Design, develop and introduce new and unique tourism products/activities to attract visitors to Kasanka throughout the year, e.g. wilderness programme, walking trails, mountain bike trails, canoe safaris etc.
- Organise and host the Kasanka Bike Challenge, Bat Festival, and further events
- Manage all tourism staff stationed at the lodges and campsites in the park
- Organise and oversee regular internal and external staff training in all main areas: guiding, front office, kitchen, waiting, housekeeping, and IT
- Oversee tourism stores (food and equipment stores) including planning, budgeting, procurement, stock management etc.
- Regularly check and ensure high standards of furnishing and accessories in rooms and lodges
- Develop and plan menus together with chefs and ensure high food standards
- Meet, greet and interact with guests to plan their activities and ensure they enjoy their visit to Kasanka
- Work with the Fundraising, Communications and Marketing Officer to develop and maintain the gift shop at Wasa Lodge and to implement an online store of Kasanka Merchandise
- Team contribution: Participate in the general management of the park when required or requested by General Manager
- Fundraising: Assist the Fundraising and Communications Manager in identifying fundraising needs and providing specific, detailed input toward fundraising proposals related to tourism
- Community development and Environmental Education: Always liaise with the respective Managers for all eco-tourism products
- Participate in Volunteer coordination for the Tourism programme
- Finances: Always liaise with the finance department for all invoices. The Tourism Manager is responsible for quotations, but should always CC the finance team
- Infrastructure: collaborate with the Infrastructure Manager on all infrastructure needs for both lodges and all campsites
- Organize/conduct regular travel to Serenje, Mkushi and Lusaka for shopping and meetings
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.