Job Title: Territory Control Tower & Trade Compliance Officer
The purpose of this position is to perform administrative duties relating to the import, export, trade compliance and freight related services
- Freight control through the Control Tower system for SMCL warehouses
- Freight control of sales area warehouse under SMCL control
- Booking and planning of export or import shipments
- Preparation and control of export documents
- Interface with the relevant freight service provider that could include freight forwarders and/or transporters
- Interface with the warehouse dispatch function
- Filing of documents as per the relevant customs, excise, and revenue service requirements
- Understanding of service suppliers freight rate cards and costs
- Ensure the effective import and export customs compliance at multiple business locations.
- Controlling and processing of the freight invoices
- Ensure and support appropriate management accountability and responsibility for Customs compliance
- Establish and maintain customs compliance procedures and program documentation
- Liaise with sales, distributors, customers and third parties on customs compliance
- Ensure accuracy for Customs policies and procedures.
- Provide periodic reporting for trade compliance data.
- Effectively Manage the Bonded warehouse
- An outgoing and self-reliant nature
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of Customers & focus
- Effective communication skills
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in import/export ideally in the Mining industry
- Good understanding of the Customs, Excise and Revenue Service
- Have practical experience implementing trade compliance programs.
- Have experience working with freight agents.
- Have ZRA customs experience is an added advantage
- Valid driver’s license
- Degree/Diploma in Logistics/Supply chain management
- Computer literate with proven Computer skills
Find Zambia Jobs – The best job board for Jobs in Zambia
To apply for this job please visit sandvik.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.