AB InBev Africa
The key purpose of this role is to support IT projects and operational activities in Lusaka, also, champion the roll out of commercial/digital transformation projects within the business.
In collaboration with Infrastructure Manager, system experts and information security experts the Tech Specialist is expected to schedule and direct activities to resolve hardware and software problems promptly and accurately in Lusaka.
Key outputs and responsibilities:
- Ensure Data centre equipment (servers, switches) and infrastructure facilities (Cooling, Power, UPS, and Fire Suppression/Extinguishers) are maintained according to ABI standards.
- Work closely with departmental managers in Lusaka to determine future IT/tech needs and plan for network changes
- Gather business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
- Be first point of contact for all business applications queries raised from L ensuring minimum down and recovery time.
- Ensure daily Service Desk activities are carried out within the associated SLA.
- Provide training and coaching to users on various digital tools of work to increase knowledge and skills.
- Document and Identify gaps in
- Asset tracking and management of all ICT Hardware and Software resources i.e., keep track of Received items, allocation, distribution, and replacement of all Hardware. Also including performing and implementing Hardware preventive maintenance
- Use Meraki Dashboard Cloud Network Monitoring tool to monitor and manage LAN and WAN performance
- Ensure consistent improvement of network performance with high availability and reliability with minimum disruptions
Key attributes and competencies:
- Technical skills to effectively perform or guide the performance of network infrastructure design and operations activities/tasks in a manner that consistently produces high-quality service.
- Knowledge and practical application of all relevant organizational policies, processes, procedures, and guidelines to consistently achieve required compliance standards or benchmarks.
- Self-empowerment to enable the development of open communication, teamwork and trust needed to support performance and customer-service-oriented culture.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with and manage customer expectations (internal and external) and other stakeholders who impact performance.
- Degree in Information technology/Computer Science/Electrical Engineering/Telecommunications. CISCO,ITIL, Agile Certifications will be an added advantage
- Infrastructure and Networks
- Application Management will be an added advantage
- Business Analysis
AB InBev is an equal opportunity employer and all appointments will be made in-line with AB InBev employment equity plan and talent requirements. We are a company that promotes gender equality. Internal applicants require Line manager approval. Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional/relevant information as criteria for short-listing. Interested candidates who meet the above specifications may apply no later than the 22nd of January.