Centre for Infectious Disease Research in Zambia (CIDRZ)
Location – Hybrid/remote 15% in-country (Zambia)
- Provides technical and programmatic support to the HCWG and implementing partners on HIV control
- Prepares background information and undertakes short term analyses on the HIV epidemic and HIV control, as requested, to inform the deliberations of the HCWG
- Supports HCWG members and stakeholders’ collaboration on key technical areas/activities
- Provides technical input and develops draft reports for further input by HCWG and Co-Chairs, including but not limited to, technical reports as needed by the Funder, Government agencies or Public Health Policy organisations, Stakeholder briefs
- Supports the development of any manuscripts and their publication in peer reviewed journals by the HCWG
- Works with the HCWG and other stakeholders to develop a research agenda based upon HCWG deliberations
- Reviews policy papers, strategies, workplans, reports, technical outputs and other substantive documentation and submits recommendations resulting from this review for consideration or decision by the HCWG
- Constantly assembles and catalogs technical issues for which guidance at the country level is required or lacking and assists in the development and/or dissemination of guidance on specific technical areas
- Leads the development and design of HIV control framework and consensus building
- Facilitates information sharing and the sharing of available technical resources to support building the capacity of regional and country partners to implement their HIV Control framework and action plans.
- Advanced university degree in medicine, public health, epidemiology, behavioral and social sciences, or related field.
- Additional training related to HIV /AIDS will be advantageous
- 10 years or more of technical, policy and/or programmatic experience in HIV Prevention and Treatment or Public Health.
- Minimum 7 years experience in conducting Research and Evaluation on HIV or Health.
- Experience in meaningful engagement with civil society, clinicians, researchers and government and implementation partners.
- Strong language skills: ability to work in English. French and/or Portuguese will be an added advantage
- Results-based programme development and management
- Contributes to the achievement of results through research and analysis and effective monitoring of programme/project implementation;
- Uses analytical skills to identify opportunities for project development and participates in the formulation of proposals ensuring substantive rigor in the design and application of proven successful approaches;
- Makes timely and appropriate decisions taking into consideration diverse and complex issues; and
- Documents and analyses innovative strategies, best practices and new approaches.
- Uses appropriate analytical tools and logic to gather, define and analyse information
- Demonstrates an ability to set clear and appropriate priorities focusing on tasks and activities which have a strategic impact on results
- Anticipates and meets information needs of the team and other stakeholders
- Conceives, participates in, coordinates and occasionally leads special projects or other designated programmatic efforts
- Coordinates, designs and leads strategic and technical work, dialogue platforms, working groups etc. for evidence-based, impactful, and forward-looking HIV responses; and
- Demonstrates evidence of exceptional editorial and writing skills for a range of technical and non-technical audiences.
Suitably qualified candidates are invited to apply. However, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.