Website Woodford School Lusaka
Woodford School Lusaka (WSLsk) is a beautiful purpose-built and co-education private school operating in Lusaka`s Kabulonga area. Our education service provides a 21st-century learning experience to learners starting from Nursery up to Grade 7.
The school has rapidly grown to be one of the most respected names in the Zambian education sector serving the Lusaka community with a consistent record of outstanding academic achievement for examination classes.
Woodford School Lusaka`s philosophy for education is built upon intrinsic African values of inclusivity, nurturing the high aspirations of every child. The holistic development of all learners. ‘imiti ikula empanga’ is Woodford School`s motto. This belief permeates every aspect of life at our school. We aim to provide an enriching learning environment that empowers learners with appropriate skills, knowledge and understanding of a fast-changing world.
Woodford School Lusaka is a part of Rhodes Park Schools Group, a leading private education provider in Zambia. Our schools enjoy membership to the Independent Schools Association of Zambia (ISAZ), which provides excellent inter-school competitions, tournaments, and continuous professional development opportunities.
POSITION # 1: Early Learning Centre (ELC) Supervisor
This is the equivalent of an HOD position in our structure
The main function is to provide management and leadership by working closely with the Deputy Head Teacher, Head Teacher, and staff to improve quality in effective learning and teaching in the ELC and to drive planning and coordination of operations to achieve the School’s objectives and goals.
The ELC Supervisor will be required to lead, manage and develop the department to ensure it achieves the highest possible standards of excellence in all its activities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Promoting teamwork and collegiality within an environment based on trust, respect, and fairness;
- Communicating effectively with pupils, parents, and colleagues in a professional manner
- Teach by performing the actual duties of the Teacher that include performing extra-curricular activities
- To lead and mentor the ELC Section and be the exemplary model of ELC expectations of teaching and learning at WSLsk
- To be responsible for the allocation of resources – human resources, material, etc
- Supervise all the auxiliary staff designated to the ELC to ensure they perform to meet the required standard in line with company guidelines
- To be responsible for interpreting and operationalizing the objectives, vision, and mission of WSLsk
POSITION # 2: Upper Primary Teachers
- Mathematics x 1
- Music x 1
- Taking responsibility for a primary class, supporting, nurturing and taking a genuine interest in the holistic development of all children in that class;
- Working closely with the Head Teacher and colleagues to ensure the effective teaching and learning.
- Planning and implementing a relevant, challenging and rigorous curriculum;
- Planning and delivering lessons, ensuring attention is given to appropriate differentiation;
- Contributing to collaborative learning at all levels of school life;
- Creating inquiry-based classrooms that develop critical thinking skills, knowledge, and a range of skills within an environment based on trust, respect, and fairness;
- Selecting relevant resources and leveraging digital tools to support and enhance learning;
- Develop appropriate assessment tasks, providing timely and effective feedback that enhances pupil’s learning;
- Communicate effectively with pupils, parents, and colleagues in a professional manner;
- Provide appropriate pastoral support as and when necessary;
- Play an active role in the school’s extra-curricular programmes.
- Any other assigned duties
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & PERSONAL COMPETENCIES
- Full Grade 12 certificate with 5 Credit or better
- At least a Diploma in Early Childhood Education (for ELC Supervisor position)/ Diploma in Education (for Upper Primary position) from a recognized college; A Bachelor’s Degree will be an added advantage
Certificate/Diploma/Degree in Education Leadership and Management will be an added advantage (for the ELC Supervisor position)
- At least 3 years of teaching experience at a reputable school
- Qualified teacher registered and licensed with The Teaching Council of Zambia (TCZ)
If you are interested in filling any of the above vacancies and believe you meet the specified terms, forward your Cover Letter, CV, NRC, TCZ License, and certified copies of professional qualifications to [email protected] and clearly state the position you are applying for in the subject of your email.
Please note that applications that will not conform to the above specifications will not be considered.