Website United Bank for Africa (Z) Limited
Position: Tax Manager
- Functionally reports to the Country Chief Financial Officer
- Administratively reports to the Country Chief Financial Officer
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage operational tax compliance matters, including the completion of transfer pricing arrangements.
- Assist senior management with the development and manage the implementation of tax strategies.
- Develop and maintain relationships with third party consultants.
- Manage all aspects of the tax accounting process, including annual review and preparation of tax provision work papers, tax account reconciliations, technical accounting issue research and analysis and disclosure matters.
- Act as primary liaison with independent reviewers with respect to tax matters.
- Oversee tax related internal controls and accounting policies and procedures to ensure compliance with requirements of local tax authorities, and operational efficiency.
- Increase corporate awareness of tax risks and compliance issues through corporate education and review of key business activities and agreements.
- Monitor changes in tax code and related rulings for developments that effect the Bank’s tax compliance, strategy and accounting.
- Assist with the preparation of budgets and forecasts for various domestic and international tax expenses
- Must be Conversant with ZRA online portal.
- Prepare/review and submit quarterly provisional and annual corporate income tax returns.
- Prepare/review and submit monthly Pay as You Earn, NAPSA, Value Added Tax and Withholding tax returns.
- Prepare corporate income and deferred tax computations for annual audits.
- Extensive working Knowledge of Microsoft word, Excel, PowerPoint and SQL.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Good analytical skills.
- Conceptual skills.
- Good presentation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Strong team player and excellent organization skills.
- Attention to details.
Job Requirements & Knowledge:
- Excellent knowledge of tax principles and law, tax audits, tax compliance and all types of tax returns.
- An efficient approach to resolving issues and providing advice.
- Analytical skills with detail orientation.
- Previous experience with an audit firm will be an added advantage.
- Candidate must be a registered ZICA member.
- Candidate must possess Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a Degree in Taxation or professional accounting qualification such as CA Zambia or ACCA or CIMA.
- Extensive practical experience (3 years or above) in both local and international taxation.
- Candidates must have a minimum of 5 credits on their Grade 12 results with Mathematics and English included.
Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements must send a copy of their CV, a cover letter, and academic qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org before 28th May 2021.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.