Dangote Cement Zambia
Job Title: Tax Accountant
- Manage the implementation of DCP’s tax planning and management Strategy to ensure compliance with applicable tax and financial regulations.
- Oversee collection of tax-related information, timely reporting to tax authorities, and advise management on the tax impact of various corporate strategies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement approved tax-planning strategies to manage effective tax rates and deliver tax savings.
- Review and approve relevant tax computations in strict compliance with applicable tax laws on regulations.
- Oversee filling of tax and fiscal requirements within defined statutory deadlines.
- Ensure accuracy of tax reporting in financial statements – audit reviews, budgets and reports.
- Manage DCP’s Tax remittances and provisioning to ensure appropriateness.
- Manage the retention and preparation of tax records, tax returns, and tax documentation.
- Ensure complete and accurate documentation of relevant supports and proof of tax remittance.
- Respond to ad-hoc inquires on tax related issues.
- Participate in relevant negotiations with tax authorities.
- Continually Identify Assess and Advise DCP’S Management of Tax Saving Opportunities.
- Provide tax efficient solutions to DCPs Projects and stakeholder activities.
- Coordinate regulatory tax audits.
- Stay up-to-date on tax related trends (e.g. changes in relevant tax laws), analyse their impact and provide recommendations to management on necessary steps. This includes NAPSA.
- Manage and maintain relationships with relevant internal and external stakeholders including local and international tax authorities, tax consultants etc.
- Ensure DCP’s activities comply with local and / or global financial regulatory requirements.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Full Grade Twelve Certificate with credits or better in English and Mathematics.
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Accounting or other related discipline.
- Minimum of Five (5) years’ work experience in a Manufacturing Industry or Cement manufacturing.
- Valid practicing license from ZICA and must be a fully paid Member.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suits/SAP applications
Find Zambia Jobs – The best job board for Jobs in Zambia
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.