The role focuses on assisting with statutory requirements of preparation and filing of tax returns, identification and mitigation of tax risks, advising internal stakeholders on matters of taxation and handling tax queries, enquiries and audits. Further, this also includes assisting with tax provisions in the management accounts.
Key Performance Objectives
- Assisting with the preparation of computations/calculations of Corporation Income Tax (CIT), Withholding Tax (WHT) and Value Added Tax (VAT).
- Assisting with responses preparation to tax queries arising from filing of tax returns including conduct of tax accounts reconciliations to ensure that records are up to date with the Zambia Revenue Authority (ZRA)
- Prepare, maintain and update monthly and annual files comprising of returns, receipts and supporting workings and documents.
- Address queries with various internal stakeholders.
- Assist with identifying current and potential tax risks in the country.
- Assist with reviewing of key business transactions and ensuring the required documentation for tax purposes are maintained.
- Timely monitoring and research on relevant taxation trends
- Assisting with monthly analysis of movements in each tax type and provide detailed explanations of the movements in each tax type.
Degree in Commerce, Tax, Economics, Mathematics/Statistics, Business Administration, Accounting or Equivalent to CIMA/ACCA/ZICA level 3
- 3-5 years’ experience in a financial environment
- Asset management experience advantageous
- Business understanding
- Strong computer literacy (Microsoft Office applications)
- Financial Accounting packages (SAP and GP) would be advantageous
- Knowledge of technical or broadcast equipment would be advantageous
- Strong financial and accounting knowledge
- Financial analysis experience
- Management capabilities
- Conflict resolution experience
- Strong negotiator
- Commercial experience
- Operational know how and ability
- Knowledge of contract law
- Execution bias
- Team player
- Achievement orientation
Suitable candidates are required to send their application & Curriculum vitae to [email protected] Closing date for applications is 2nd December 2022.