USAID DISCOVER - Health Project
JSI Research & Training Institute Limited
JSI Research and Training Institute, Inc. (JSI) is public health organization that is committed to improving the health and well-being of underserved and vulnerable people and communities throughout the world, and to providing an environment where people of passion and commitment can pursue this cause. JSI seeks highly qualified and accomplished public health leaders and staff for its United States Agency for International Development (USAID)-supported District Coverage of Health Services (USAID DISCOVER-Health) Project. The USAID DISCOVER-Health project aims to improve the lives of Zambians by ensuring equitable access to and use of high-quality HIV, maternal new-born and child health (MNCH), family planning and reproductive health (FP/RH) services and products at the district and community levels. The project utilizes and sustains a health model that maximizes the relative strengths of the public and private sectors to deliver health products and services that reach all beneficiaries and consumer markets.
JSI USAID DISCOVER Health Project is recruiting for the following position:
Job Title: Systems Development Specialist
Location: DISCOVER Health Project HQ Lusaka
Category: Full time
Reporting: Deputy Project Director – Strategic Information with dotted line to Finance Director
The SDS is the information technology technician in the project who creates and maintains software artefacts required to implement Health Systems for data entry and program reporting. The SDS shall work hand in hand with the USAID DISCOVER Health Strategic Information Manager to implement electronic interfaces to Project Business Process Protocols.
Specifically, the Systems Development Specialist shall perform the following duties:
- Create electronic software modules required to implement data entry, analysis and reporting.
- Provide customization services on currently running systems as the project business process re-engineering may dictate in the course of offering total quality health service provision
- Provide USAID DISCOVER Health systems maintenance, updates and upgrade support to ensure that all systems are operating effectively and efficiently at all times.
- Provide technical support to all units on the utilization of USAID DISCOVER – Health systems
- In consultation with unit heads, support training in the user management and utilization of developed systems to all users in the project
- Support SI in generating quarterly and monthly activity report for purposes of reporting to funders
- Support all units in the project in generating all relevant reports that are needed for on time management decision making
- Support generation of any kind of report that management may need from developed systems
Qualifications and Experience:
- Must have minimum of a degree in information technology from a recognized college or university;
- Must be able to show high level programming ability skills in Object Oriented Programming in PHP;
- Experience working with a version control system such as GIT is required
- Demonstrated experience with MySQL database technology
- Experience working with any of the following PHP Frameworks Laravel or Symfony is an added advantage
- Experience build RestFul APIs is an added advantage
- Must be a team player;
- Must be an good communicator;
To apply, please follow this link or click the apply button below.
Your application must consist of a cover letter and a detailed CV. The closing date for receipt of submission of the applications is Friday April 15th 2022, at 17:00hrs.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit www.jsirims.org.