Website Madison General Insurance Company Zambia Limited
Madison General Insurance Company Zambia Limited (MGen) invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals to fill the position of Systems Analyst to be based at Head Office in Lusaka. The job holder will be reporting to the ICT Manager.
- Permanent and Pensionable
KEY QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, QUALITIES & COMPETENCIES
- Full grade twelve certificate with at least a credit in Mathematics and English
- Degree in computer science/information technology;
- or information management systems;
- or business information systems;
- or mathematics;
- or Statistics
- Good understanding of business functions and processes
- Knowledge in insurance and banking domain is preferred
- Conversant in applying application patches and fixes
- Writing and executing SQL queries in Oracle, MS SQL and MySQL databases
- Programming experience in various languages such as .net platforms, java, php, etc is preferred
- Sound experience with web services
- Excellent documentation abilities
- Extensive troubleshooting experience and project implementation/management
- Proactive attitude, keen to make a difference, attention to detail
- Ability to quickly adopt to the new environment and understand the systems
- Ability to work in a team as a strong team player
- Strong operational discipline and problem-solving skills
- Good interpersonal and user relationship, customer service focus
- Willingness to learn new ways and ideas from other individuals including subordinates.
- Must have 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Understand the existing business applications and systems in order to offer support
- Analyse business requirements and improve business processes
- Troubleshoots application issues, undertake software development
- Document, deploy, configure and test changes and enhancements in existing applications
- Coordinate and support application system related activities with stakeholders and act as a liaison between ICT team and business users
- Estimate timeframe to deliver the solution
- Provide training on core application and other applications to the business users
Method of Application
Interested applicants should forward their detailed curriculum Vitae and copies of certified qualifications (as one document) to the Assistant Human Resource Manager via [email protected].
Closing date is Tuesday 6th July 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.