To work with the Senior Systems Administrator to provide technical expertise on Oracle Solaris based servers, Virtualization and Networking services in the provision of the Authority’s IT functions at an enterprise level.
- To implement and administer Oracle Solaris based server systems in both physical and virtualized environments.
- Maintain and enhance the Authority’s oracle network architecture, switches and dedicated solaris firewall configuration.
- To have responsibility for the implementation and monitoring of the Oracle Solaris security policy on the Oracle Systems – including maintaining awareness of new security issues amongst users as they arise. Making recommendations for protection against these and implementing any agreed new measures required.
- To monitor compliance of policies on Oracle Solaris internet access network and system activities.
- Assist with server vulnerability remediation, user management, and boarding, file system administration
- To administer Oracle ZFS storage systems and backup tools.
- Creating and documenting describing the systems configuration and operations.
- Contribute to updating of Disaster Recovery processes documentation, as directed.
- Maintain a patch environment for testing of new patches before they are implemented.
- To patch all Oracle Solaris Operating Systems.
- Monitor and analyses logs from Oracle Enterprise Manager and identify any potential risk to the network or system performance
- Attend to helpdesk queries for all Solaris Operating System related issues
- Operating Systems (OS) installations, configuration, systems integration, systems management and security, maintenance, monitoring, troubleshooting.
- Grade 12 Certificate with 5 ‘O’ levels with credit or better in Mathematics and English.
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Must be a member of the Information and Communication Technology Association of Zambia (ICTAZ) with a valid practicing license.
Minimum Experience Required
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in a similar position in an organisation with a similar size of operations.
To apply for this job please visit careers.napsa.co.zm.