Responsible for all real-time monitoring of Transmission network alarms and alerts received from the NMS, EMS and NE’s. The incumbent will be responsible for identifying and diagnosing all network alarms/alerts and performing first level intervention on all incidents before raising escalation tickets to Network Support and/or Field Teams.
- To ensure effective monitoring of all network and service alarms in all transmission and customer connections
- Undertake first level problem Diagnosis, Correlation, and intervention.
- Raising of Trouble Ticket
- Escalation to appropriate teams until resolution
- Closure of TT
- All stakeholder notification
- Update the incident management system with appropriate information whenever any incident occurs.
- Escalate all matters on time so that service is restored asper SLA metrics agreed with clients.
- Report on all matters affecting service quality.
- Perform basic daily and weekly system health checks to ascertain system uptime.
- Handle support calls and advise clients in customer friendly manner.
- Always ensure compliance to privacy and security standards
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma in Telecommunications or a relevant qualification
- Member of EIZ or ICTAZ or any relevant body
- 1 to 2 years’ experience working in a support role or in the Network Operations Centre
Competencies required for this Role
Key Knowledge Extensive knowledge and hands on demonstrated capability of performing basic troubleshooting on ICT equipment, power & cooling equipment and access control.
- Identifies problems/issues.
- Ability to quickly respond to any incident.
- Analytical thinking and eager to learn.
- Business understanding
- Communication skills
- Able to set own priorities.
- Uses discretion to complete assignments.
- Independently applies knowledge of technical practices and specialty area standards.
- Sober and ability to follow safety rules and procedures.
- Independently completes assignments.
- Cultivates good peer working relationship