Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC)
Position: Surveillance and Access Officer x3
Lumwana Mine, Kalumbila, Zambia.
Reporting to: Surveillance and Access Control Supervisor
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for highly committed and qualified individuals to be considered for the position of Surveillance and Access Officer X3
Reporting to the Surveillance and Access Control Supervisor you will be responsible to assist the LMC Security Department in surveillance and recording of activities on site in accordance with company policy and best practice and to assist in the investigation of company related activities where breaches of company procedures, code of conduct of criminal activities are suspected. Your duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- To actively man and function the CCTV monitoring capacity on site.
- To actively run the electronic access control regime in place on site.
- Monitoring of real time events occurring on site and the reporting of any suspicious behavior on site.
- The active and daily perusal of vehicle tracking systems and footage pertaining to the transport of copper concentrate or other product off the mine lease.
- The daily surveillance pertaining to the transport of copper concentrate or other product off the mine lease.
- Updating of the Online Intelligence system, occurrence book, incidents and investigations.
- Preparation of reports developed from the access control system on site.
- The production of site ID cards in accordance with laid down company procedures.
- Any other duties which may from time to time be assigned by the Surveillance Supervisor
Experience & Qualifications
- Grade 12 Certificate or higher qualification.
- Certificate in Security related qualification (would be an added advantage)
- Must have Knowledge in Herms, C-Track, Genetec and ID Flow systems.
- Must show proven record of having worked in the surveillance and access Control Room for a reasonable time and able to operate equipment incidental to Surveillance process.
- Previous employment in a multi-site industrial environment is an added advantage.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills in English
Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks.
‘Be Aware of Fraudsters’
Lumwana Mine does not solicit for payment of any funds towards the recruitment process.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.barrick.com.