First Quantum Minerals
About the job
At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Overall Job Purpose
The role exists to provide supervision to maximize plant availability through, maintaining operational integrity of the plant & equipment in order to achieve production targets.
Specific Job Responsibility
The specific tasks to be performed by the position holder will include;
- To work on associated Krebs Cyclone Feed Pumps MILL MAX, 20’’ X 18’’, 26’’ X 22’’, Piping, Cyclones Etc.
- Maintenance on Conveyors including conveyor and belt magnets
- Hydraulic systems maintenance will be an advantage
- Ensuring shutdowns are planned and executed in a professional manner
- KPI 97% plant availability
- Identifying and implementing Improvements in the Process Plant.
- Minimize rework.
- Assist develop Continuous Improvement and Condition Monitoring effectiveness.
- Drive availability improvement and attention to detail.
- Managing on site the team and third party sub-contractors ensuring they complete tasks on time and safely to required standards
- Responsible for all equipment and facilities breakdowns, corrective actions and counter-measures
- To keep up to date with and have an awareness of new products and new improved working methods that can add value by improving quality and reducing costs
- Compliance to work order attachments and documents such as JSA’s, Work Procedure’s, SWI’s, etc.
- Ensure compliance with Safety and Environmental Management systems, policies and procedures along with ensuring that all risks have been identified, managed and safe working environment is maintained
- Full compliance to mandatory PPE requirements in all areas of the plant.
- A clear understanding of preventative maintenance, strong communication skills and a flexible “can do” work ethic.
- Other duties as defined by Management.
Job Specific Competencies
- Commitment to continuous improvement
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Time management and ensuring quality service
Key Job Attributes
- Self-motivated and conscientious
- Ability to work with others and achieve objectives
- Team player
- Good Communicator
- Bold initiative
- Thinking Safety
- Upholding Quality
- Technical Skill
- Good verbal and communication skills
- Possess strong interpersonal skills
Experience Required To Perform In This Job
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in Mining Fixed Plant Maintenance with at least 5 years leading a team of Mechanical Fitters, Boilermaker,
- Must have previous Shift work experience. Preferably at Supervisor level.
- Must have extensive knowledge of FL Smitdh Mills, Metso cone crushers and Thyssen Krupp Gyratory Crushers, Compressors, Blowers and Flotation cells (Concentrators). Sump Pumps, Warman Slurry Pumps and associated equipment.
- Must have experience on Jaw Crushers, Appron Feeders and Larox filter plant
- Must have previous Shutdown Planning and Supervision
- Literacy in M/S Outlook, Excel, Word.
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Mechanical Diploma or equivalent as a minimum.
- A member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ)
- Valid Zambian Driver’s License
Visit our website and register for instant job alerts at careers.first-quantum.com
Follow us for the latest news at LinkedIn
If you are already a First Quantum employee and have access to the First Quantum network, log into First Quantum MINE > Careers to apply internally for this opportunity.
If you are an employee without network access, contact your Site Recruiter.
To apply for this job please visit firstquantum.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.