Kagem Mining Limited
Kagem is seeking remarkable candidate to join the team, in the position of Supervisor Light Duty.
1. SUPERVISOR LIGHT DUTY
Reports to Superintendent Light Duty
Job Purpose: To plan and carry out daily repairs and maintenance of all light vehicles.
- Working with staff to accomplish tasks assigned by superiors.
- Enforce the company’s health and Safety Policy. Responsibility to ensure all the statutory requirements been strictly followed as per standard norms at Engineering department. Ensure safety of men, material and machine and keep the work area clean.
- Ensure the preventive maintenance in order to minimize break downs of light vehicles.
- Keep updated fleet maintenance reports.
- Responsible for management of manpower in an effective manner.
- Plan and execute the daily work with all workers. Ensure light vehicles operated in proper condition
- Receive and immediately action on daily operator check lists from users.
- Train and help workers to acquire modern skills in the field of engineering.
- Ensure periodical inspection of light vehicles.
- The supervisor is tasked with the responsibility of ensuring all vehicles are serviced as they fall due.
Qualifications & Experience
- Diploma in Mechanical/Automobile Engineering with min 5 years’ experience, preferably 2 years in the mining industry.
- Experience in fleet maintenance software and good computer skills.
- Member of Engineering Institute of Zambia (EIZ) with a practicing license/certificate.
- Excellent analytical and evaluation skills.
- Good command of both oral and written communication.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Knowledge of fleet maintenance.
The company provides single status accommodation at the mine site.
Send your applications (Covering Letter and CV only) to;
The Head-Human Resources by email to; [email protected]. Certificates will only be required at the interview stage.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing date 11th February 2022
Kagem Mining Ltd is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all eligible applicants to apply. We do not charge or ask for money from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process. Should you be asked to do so by anybody, please do not proceed and report such individuals to the police immediately.
ABOUT KAGEM MINING: Kagem Mining Limited, based in Lufwanyama, is the world’s single largest emerald producer. It covers an area of approximately 41 square kilometers and is in the central part of the Ndola Rural Emerald Restricted Area (“NRERA”), in the Copperbelt Province of Zambia. Kagem Mining prides itself on industry-leading health and safety standards, innovative approaches to engineering and cutting-edge management of unique geology. Since 2008, Kagem is 75% owned by Gemfields, a world-leading supplier of responsibly sourced colored gemstones, in a model partnership with the Zambian government, through the Industrial Development Center (IDC). Kagem aims to emulate the values of Gemfields and operate in a way that contributes positively to the national economy, while taking a leading role in modernizing the colored gemstone sector and building sustainable livelihoods for the communities around the mine. Kagem believes that colored gemstones should be mined and marketed by championing three key values – legitimacy, transparency, and integrity
Kagem Mining Ltd. P.O. Box 21657, Plot 6374, Corner Dr. Agrey & Kariba Roads Light Industrial area, Kitwe, Zambia
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.