Purpose of the role:
To assist the Mining Superintendent, supervise a multi skilled shift team responsible for the projects, maintenance, operation and construction/relocation of the dewatering section, inclusive but not limited to pit dewatering pumps, dam pontoon pumps and flocculation/coagulation area.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all statutory compliance and HSE requirements adhered to and incidents are promptly reported.
- Ensuring that all maintenance, construction and monitoring is carried out in a safe and efficient manner, to ensure maximum reliability and uptime.
- Through his accountability for all mining infrastructure equipment operation, ensure a smooth, efficient and well effected operation of the dewatering equipment.
- Conduct equipment isolation where and when needed, to ensure safe maintenance, always following supervisory and legal requirements.
- Maintain a very high standard of housekeeping.
- Ensure KPI’s of timeous maintenance, water quality compliance to ZEMA requirements, water buffers levels, and HSE.
- Conduct timely, documented and accurate shift handovers – reporting performance KPI’s, tasks performed, equipment status and focus items;
- Meeting set work targets for daily work group activities in accordance with applicable policies and procedures.
- Achieving results through prioritizing activities, monitoring the progress of assignments, and holding self-accountable for the results.
- Motivate yourself and others in overcoming obstacles and achieving goals.
- Planning & assisting in laying out of work on new projects.
- Ensuring maximum plant availability at all time.
- A proven ability to work with other disciplines to achieve minimal disruption to plant operating times Identify safety hazards and rectify or report to supervisor for follow up of issue.
- Adhere and enforce all aspects of the company’s health, safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Access safety hazard reports and rectify or report to Supervisor for rectification of issue.
- Attend safety meetings/toolbox talks on a daily basis
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor
Qualifications & Experience
- Full Grade 12 certificate
- Minimum Diploma in a Mechanical field. Degree will be added advantage
- Member of EIZ and registered with ERB
- Minimum of 5 years’ supervisory experience
- Experience in mine dewatering operations or similar environment
Job Specific Competencies
- Proven knowledge of pumping and piping systems
- Understanding of environmental compliance and water quality.
- Appreciation of water drainage systems
- High regard and commitment to safe work practices
Key Job Attributes
- Personal sense of equipment ownership and accountability;
- Ability to and passion for leading and supervising people;
- Ability to task assign, follow up and manage;
- Ability to build working relations and coordinate different operating disciplines;
- Ability to work and manage problems/actions across the timeframe of one shift;
- Possess ability to analyse and understand equipment information;
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Persistent, diligent and thorough in approach;
- Be enthusiastic and pro-active in manner
- Firm and fair in managing team members.
- Problem solving skills
- Must be flexible to work and attend to any shift as assigned
- Ability to multi-task
- Conflict resolution
- Must be an active listener
- Must be a good team player
- Ability to make precise judgment and decisions
- Ability to delegate as and when need arises
- Must be able to effectively manage time
- Must be smart
To apply for this job please visit www.first-quantum.com.