Purpose of the role:
The position exists to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
The holder of this position will lead a crew of automotive electricians to deal with breakdowns, installations and continuous improvement.
- Ensure that a safe working environment is maintained for the staff
- Ensure that workshop equipment is available and well maintained
- Manage the crews on various tasks required by the Light Vehicles and Heavy Equipment Repair Workshop.
- To lead and guide individuals in their everyday tasks to enhance their skills and broaden their knowledge
- Participate in forward planning of Workshop jobs with section planner
- To advise and assist the auto electricians where a variety of tasks need to be done within a specified timeframe
- Successfully run a well-equipped auto electrical section, driven by end-user satisfaction
- Develop Safe Operating Procedures and Bill of Materials for sustainability of work practices
- Prepare technical reports and briefs on equipment, safety, project progress and other matters
- Lead and participate in meetings and briefings, both formal and informal
- Ensure that all plant and equipment under your responsibility are maintained in a good, sound and safe condition.
- Ensure to familiarise yourself with, and enforce compliance to Zambian Mining Regulations.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
Qualification, Experience & Skill:
- G12 Certificate
- Auto electrical Trade or equivalent as a minimum from a recognized Institution
- A member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ)
- At least 5 – years’ experience in related field as Supervisor
- Excellent leadership skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Excellent organizational and presentation skills
- Must be knowledgeable about legislation governing health and safety
- Knowledge of Shop floor scheduling
- Must be computer literate, particularly Microsoft Office
- Previous Supervisor experience as an Automotive Electrician
- Be a self-starter and able to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- A positive, self-motivated and conscientious attitude
- The ability to make informed decisions
- Detail Orientation
- Problem Solving
- Team player
- Bold initiative
- Safe work practices
- Upholding Quality
- Technical Skill
- Driving Quantity and attendance
- Strong interpersonal skills
To apply for this job please visit www.first-quantum.com.