Kagem Mining Limited
Kagem Mining Limited, based in Lufwanyama, is the world’s single largest emerald producer. It covers an area of approximately 41 square kilometers and is in the central part of the Ndola Rural Emerald Restricted Area (“NRERA”), in the Copperbelt Province of Zambia. Kagem Mining prides itself on industry-leading health and safety standards, innovative approaches to engineering, and cutting-edge management of unique geology.
Since 2008, Kagem is 75% owned by Gemfields, a world-leading supplier of responsibly sourced colored gemstones, in a model partnership with the Zambian government, through the Industrial Development Center (IDC). Kagem aims to emulate the values of Gemfields and operate in a way that contributes positively to the national economy while taking a leading role in modernizing the colored gemstone sector and building sustainable livelihoods for the communities around the mine. Kagem believes that colored gemstones should be mined and marketed by championing three key values – legitimacy, transparency, and integrity.
SUPERINTENDENT- SECURITY OPERATIONS (1 POSITION)
Reports to: Assistant Manager – Security Operations
Job Purpose: To ensure adequate manpower, infrastructure, and equipment availability in all security locations.
- Supervise security staff deployment at various points to ensure that they are active and
carrying out their duties efficiently at the designated location.
- Conduct security infrastructure inspections at the point of work and recommend continues
- Implement and ensure security SOPs are followed at place of work and report any discrepancies.
- Ensures that discipline and safety of security staff is maintained at all the times.
- Assist and conduct on the spot preliminary investigations expeditiously and when so designated.
- Coordinate and control operational location in manpower, infrastructure, equipment and security processes.
- Assists in the development of training programmes for the security staff and ensures that training objectives are realized.
- Assist in monitoring and maintaining of security equipment and supplies to ensure their availability at all times.
Qualifications & Experience
- Grade 12 certificate
- Certificate/Diploma in any Administration discipline/Graduation degree
- Minimum 6 years work experience in paramilitary/security operations management with at least 3 years of supervisory experience
- Good computer skills
- Good understanding of the current security legal frameworks.
Send your applications (Covering Letter and CV only) to The Head-Human Resources by mail to; email@example.com Certificates will only be required at the interview stage.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing date: 26th May 2021
Kagem Mining Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and encourages all eligible applicants to apply without any consideration to sex, cultural consideration, disability, or creed. We do not charge or ask for money from candidates applying for jobs during any stage of the recruitment process, if you are asked for money by anybody, please do not proceed and report such individuals to the police immediately.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.