University of Zambia
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the
following positions in the Student Affairs Unit at the University of Zambia on
short-term basis of six (6) months.
JOB TITLE: STUDENT WELFARE OFFICER – 20 POSITIONS
PURPOSE: To attend to students social welfare needs in the halls of residence.
- Maintaining proper record of students residing in the halls of residence;
- Directing and assisting first year students to locate study rooms and monitor
visitors to ensure that no property or item is removed from the halls of
- Conducting physical checks to verify occupants of halls of residence and report
all illegal occupants;
- Report and attend to sick students in the halls of residence by taking them to
the clinic for medical attention;
- Collecting students’ mail and deliver the same to designated pigeon holes in
respective halls of residence;
- Distributing call out notices for urgent telegrams, printed matter and express
mail in the concerned students’ study rooms;
- Reporting all matters of misconduct, general problems and critical incidents
affecting the social welfare of students in the halls of residence;
- Assisting with enforcement of the general rules and regulations for students
living on campus;
- Reporting any faults or defects in the infrastructure (e.g. leaking taps and
electrical faults) and theft of property and items in the halls of residence;
- Maintaining proper record of workshop/seminar participants using hostel
accommodation during vacation;
- Acting as general security for the halls of residence and the University property;
- Developing daily activity reports.
- Grade 12 School Certificate or its equivalent;
- Certificate in House Keeping or any other relevant qualification would be an
- Work experience in similar environment would be an added advantage and
- Must be aged 25 and 35 years.
Only candidates who meet the specified requirements need to apply to the
address indicated below, enclosing their detailed curriculum vitae, copies of
educational certificates, names and addresses of three traceable references
and contact address/ telephone/e-mail details. The position should be clearly
marked on the envelope.
Applications to be sent to:
University of Zambia
P.O Box 32379
Closing date: 7th February, 2024. Only short-listed candidates will be
The University of Zambia is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.