Website John Snow Inc.
John Snow, Inc.
Supporting an AIDS-Free Era
Position Description Background
John Snow, Inc. (JSI) seeks highly qualified and accomplished public health leaders and providers for the recently awarded United States Agency for International Development (USAID)/PEPFAR-funded Supporting an AIDS-Free Era (SAFE) Project in Zambia. The five year project which will be led by JSI in partnership with Abt Associates, mothers2mothers, and the Catholic Medical Mission Board, will work to reduce HIV mortality, morbidity and transmission, while improving nutrition outcomes and family planning integration in three provinces: Central, Copperbelt, and North-Western. USAID/PEPFAR SAFE will work with the GRZ, private sector and civil society institutions at the national, provincial, and district level to increase access to ART for HIV positive adults and children, reduce the incidence of new infections, improve Nutritional Assessment, Counselling and Services (NACS) and family planning services, and increase the capacity of local health institutions to better serve affected populations.
Position Title: Strategic Information Officer (1 position)
Position Type: Full Time
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist in the monitoring of timely and consistent data collection and reporting from all project partners and health facilities;
- Work to reconcile inconsistencies in monthly data reports sent from project-supported health facilities;
- Provide technical support to technical staff and partners in the area of monitoring and evaluation (M&E) to ensure high quality record keeping at health facilities and the community level in meeting program objectives;
- Prepare suitable external and internal reports and communicate with management and program staff to facilitate project monitoring and activity planning;
- Assist in organizing and facilitating feedback sessions with key internal and external stakeholders;
- Participate in planning and implementing site preparation visits as SAFE project scales up to other facilities in the provinces;
- Plan and conduct need assessments, quality assurance assessments, data quality assessments (DQAs), formative research, and other evaluations as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree and additional training, certificate or qualification in monitoring and evaluation (M&E) or relevant field;
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in strategic information for international donor funded projects, preferably including experience with USAID-funded projects;
- Knowledge and experience with HIV, AIDS, STI, M&E data management in Zambia, including data entry and cleaning, data analysis and reporting;
- PEPFAR reporting experience desired;
- Demonstrated ability to manage time and meet strict deadlines;
- Knowledge of epidemiology and evaluation research methods (qualitative and quantitative), including data entry, analysis and report writing;
- Computer proficiency, including use of MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access and a statistics package (e.g., Stata, SPSS, SAS, R);
- Knowledge of DHIS2 and SmartCare
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, and mentoring skills;
- Excellent writing, oral and organizational skills;
- Ability to undertake extensive local travel.
John Snow, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in any employment decisions.