John Snow Health Zambia Limited
Title: Strategic Information Officer
Location: Copperbelt Province, Zambia
Position Type: Full Time
Reports to: Copperbelt Regional Director
The USAID Zambia Accessible Markets for Health (ZAM-Health) Activity is a five-year project to expand the availability and accessibility of high-quality health products and services in the private sector, improve health knowledge, and increase the adoption of healthy and health-seeking behaviors. The program will employ private sector approaches such as marketing, social franchising, and partnerships with for-profit entities to achieve these outcomes. USAID ZAM-Health is implemented by John Snow Health Zambia (JSH) in partnership with JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI), Media 365 and PharmAccess.
JSI is seeking a keen and dedicated Strategic Information Officer for the ZAM-Health Copperbelt regional office. He/she will support the Director of Strategic Information, technical teams, the Digital Health Advisor, the Strategic Information Specialist and the Communications Advisor in the Lusaka office to implement a plan for ensuring project activities and successes in the Copperbelt Region are based on evidence and successfully shared with key stakeholders.
- Support the development and implementation of the ZAM-Heath Strategic Information plan for the Copperbelt Region;
- Support the design of advocacy and information efforts to engage the private sector;
- Analyze and format data to tell a specific story through data visualization and infographics;
- Support efforts to ensure private sector ownership and use of the various digital health tools supported by ZAM-Health;
- Generate, analyze and interpret data that resonates with key stakeholders;
- Develop and submit periodic progress reports by respective project area, proposals, requirements documentation and presentations to various audiences, including project team, partners, and other key stakeholders;
- Participate and contribute to the write up of quarterly reports, annual work plan and other reports as well as participate in various internal and external meeting;
- Support efforts to promote Collaborative, Learning, and Adaptation (CLA) Activities;
- Be an active member of the Strategic Information team lead by the Director of Strategic Information;
- Responsible for implementing JSI’s Accountability Framework and Code of Conduct, and adhering to JSI’s policies on fraud management; and
- Any other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Information Design, Graphics Design, Multimedia, Journalism, Communications, Marketing and Advertising, Public Health or related field of study;
- At a minimum, the Strategic Information Officer should have at least one year of experience generating, analyzing, interpreting and presenting data;
- Strong organizational skills; ability to prioritize, solve problems creatively, and work under tight deadlines;
- Ability to work well independently and in a team-based environment with local and remote team members
- Previous experience working with private sector stakeholders in Zambia is a bonus;
- Experience in using data visualization software is preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team and strong interpersonal skills are essential;
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills in English required; and
- Ability to travel within Zambia required.
Supervision and Reporting:
This position will work under the guidance and supervision of the Regional Director in collaboration with the Strategic Information team.
Mode of Application:
Send an application via email ONLY to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line please indicate the position you are applying for; only those applications that reference the position in the subject line will be reviewed. Your application should consist of a cover letter and CV with three references and full addresses and contact information.
Please note that you do not need to apply if you don’t meet the minimum requirements. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing Date: June 30, 2021
JSI/WEI is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or protected veteran status in any employment decisions. M/F/V/D.
Find Zambia Jobs – The best job board for Jobs in Zambia
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.