Right to Care
Right to Care is at the vanguard in supporting and delivering prevention, care, and treatment services for HIV and associated diseases. We work with government and communities to find pioneering solutions to build and strengthening public healthcare.
We embrace a strong entrepreneurial culture and focuses on innovation and the use of technology to enhance services, address skills shortages, and deliver quality healthcare outcomes. Our areas of expertise include HIV and TB care and treatment, pharmacy automation, medical male circumcision, and cervical cancer diagnosis and treatment.
Right to Care Zambia has been awarded a five (5) year project funded by the USAID through the PEPFAR mechanism. The Maintained Epidemic Control of HIV (MECH) Project aims to reduce HIV mortality, morbidity and transmission by achieving the UNAIDS and PEPFAR goal of 95/95/95 HIV treatment coverage by providing comprehensive HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment maintenance services in Luapula, Northern and Muchinga provinces of Zambia. The MECH project will work closely with and in support of the Ministry of Health.
About the Position
Request to Hire Ref. No.: RTCZ21-085
Date advertised: 20th August 2021
Closing date: 25th August 2021
Position: Strategic Information Director – MECH
Contract type: Fixed-Term
Contract duration: Two (2) Years
Reporting to: Chief of Party
Job grade: TBA
Contact Person: Vacancy 14
Contact email: Vacancy14@righttocare.org
Qualifications and Experience
Minimum Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s Degree (Social Science, Public Health, Humanities)
- 15 years’ experience in public health/social development.
- 10 years proven track record in leading and managing NGO’s/NPO’s as well as implementing development programs.
- 5 years’ experience in a senior management position and working on large donor projects in the public health sector, particularly in designing, setting up and coordinating
- HIV/AIDS monitoring, evaluation and impact assessment systems and processes in multiple countries.
- In-depth understanding of program issues and policy work at local, national and international levels.
- Demonstrated ability in writing and presenting programs.
- Sound and up to date knowledge of development concepts, methodologies and techniques including demonstrated xpertise in HIV/AIDS.
- 3 years’ experience working in one or more African countries
Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s Degree (Commerce, Business Administration, Leadership)
- Membership of relevant professional bodies
- 5-year experience in managing a data/M&E department
- 5-year experience in managing staff Capacity building and experience conducting monitoring and evaluation experience for various stakeholders.
Technical and Behavioural Competencies
- Background in Research, Monitoring and Evaluation, Data Management and Analysis
- Proficiency in Data analysis packages (SPSS, STATA Excel Pivots)
- Stakeholder relationship management
- Project Management skills
- Computer literate
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office
- Coaching, Training and Facilitation skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
Key Performance Areas
- Direct the implementation of Right to Care MECH programme in Zambia to achieve program goals and objectives.
- Empower monitoring and evaluation and data capture staff in order to deliver quality MECH technical assistance in a manner that benefits all stakeholders – USAID mission, Ministry of Health, implementing partners, and the people of Zambia.
- Verify MECH partners’ Quarterly, Semi-annual and Annual PEPFAR Reports prior to submission to USAID.
- Design and maintain quarterly stats overview for MECH partners’/programme’s performance. Design and maintain aggregate stats database.
- Maintain repository (paper-based and electronic) of all Monthly Reports and collation tools.
- Respond to reasonable and relevant requests for data by country partners, USAID, peer organisations, and other stakeholders.
- Create brand awareness for RTC Zambia. Work collaboratively with the Chief of Party and Key Partners.
- Maintain regular communication with the RTC Chief of Party, USAID mission, Government, Ministry of Health, Partners, and RTC HOD GIS & Planning and other regional offices as appropriate.
- Ensure Human Resource expertise are employed timeously, inducted, developed and motivated to execute the objectives of the program.
By applying for the above-mentioned position, you consent to Right to Care to conduct qualification, ID, criminal and reference checks (internal and external) which forms part of the Company’s recruitment policy and procedure. Should you not receive a response to your application from Right to Care within one month of this advert being placed, kindly consider your application as being unsuccessful.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process. Right to Care reserves the right to withdraw the vacancy at any time for whatever reason.
Right to Care is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to Vacancy14@righttocare.org.