Join the Legacy
Chilanga Cement is the leading supplier of building materials and major construction solutions provider in Zambia and the regional market. The Company operates a network of facilities, which includes two integrated Cement plants (with a combined capacity of 1,500,000 tonnes per annum) in Chilanga and Ndola, and distributes by road and rail to all corners of the country and southern Africa.
Joining Chilanga Cement means being part of a successful organization that builds its business strategy around product innovation. For Chilanga Cement, People Development is an investment in the future. Training and skills development means employees can take control of their own careers; everyone builds their own rich and diversified career portfolio. You hold the keys to your success!
STAKEHOLDER RELATIONS OFFICER (x1)
Overall Mission of the Role:
Ensure a well-coordinated internal and external communications delivered in a consistent, effective and efficient manner to help enhance Chilanga Cement’s image among all its stakeholders. Stakeholders include customers, employees, communities, Government and regulatory authorities, shareholders and suppliers.
- Preparing key messages for external communications
- Preparing the stakeholder communications budget annually
- To create crisis communication plans
- Providing support to the plants in terms of communication both internally and externally in consistent and integrated fashion
- Ensure that corporate communication coordinates with Marketing function during product communications and that all marketing activities performed are in line with the company’s vision and corporate brand positioning
- Ensure proper Chilanga Cement corporate communications materials is in place at all times • Ensure all Chilanga Cement materials are communicated to Group Office
- Ensure regular and accurate listening to and understanding of all stakeholders
- Manage Trade fairs and public events to ensure Chilanga Cement quality and standard is adhered to
- Support Plants in promoting Health and Safety programmes
- Conduct stakeholder survey every year
- Identify critical trends and actions and their potential impact on the company
- On delegation by or in his absence, represent BU Manager at meetings held by government, regulatory authority, local authority and prescriber associations’ (E.g ZACCI, ZABS, ZAM, ECZ, ZDA, etc) meetings
- Create community programmes that ensure the BU’s continued licence to operate
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by supervisor
Qualifications, Experience and Skills Required:
Educational Background & Experience
- Bachelor degree in any commercial or social discipline including Economics, Marketing, Business Administration, Agricultural Economics, Sales, Development Studies, Sociology, Journalism.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a large organization
- Strong experience in communications strategy implementation
- Strategic thinking and leadership
- Good interpersonal skills and communications ability to ensure effective engagement with audiences.
- Strong drive and energy to engage plant staff at all levels with vigour and humour to yield support for plants.
- Innovation and creativity skills to help dissect key messages and reformulate them to enable effective communications with respective audiences throughout the plants and other sites within the business.
Leadership & Behavioural Skills
- High level of commitment to goals
- Goal oriented
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Strong integrity
- Influencing skills
Interested applicants may send their application letters, Curriculum Vitae and copies of their qualifications to the under listed no later than 10th January, 2024.
Applicants should ensure that the position they are applying for is clearly written in the subject of the email. Only emailed applications will be accepted and should be sent to:
E-Mail Address: [email protected]
Please also note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.