The Software Developer is responsible for software development, design, documentation, deployment and maintenance. The role is responsible for ensuring correct requirements are collected from customers and appropriate systems are developed, tested and commissioned to clients. The role shall ensure best practice is upheld in developing software solutions. The software developer shall align to current software development trends in order to attain efficiency. The developer shall perform full-stack roles.
- Collect, Document and Review Customer Requirements
- Interpret requirements for the developers
Software Design &Analysis
- Design and Model software solutions based on collected requirements
- Develop and maintain effective systems and software for both internal and external stakeholders
- Software Development, Integrations & Maintenance
Proficiency in developing full-stack
- Proficiency in various languages such as Java, C#, C++, Python etc.
- Developing server-side solutions following industry best practices
- Integrate software applications for internal and external use
- Customize Software Solutions for internal and external customers
- Design and develop web applications, mobile applications, and websites for the company and for customers
- Review and debug code
- Perform Validation and verification Testing
- Perform Sign Offs for each and every project
Software Deployment & Commissioning
- Plan strategies for software deployment
- Maintain software releases, versions, and patches
Systems Training and Documentation
- Maintain documentation for all systems
- Train users for various applications
- Create and execute detailed test scripts, test plans and test cases
- Work closely with developers to create test specifications.
- Update the Data Centre Manager on all relevant changes in the industry
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Member of either EIZ or ICTAZ
- Minimum of three (3) years of information technology experience with a focus on software development
Competencies required for this Role
- Candidate should have extensive technical knowledge in software development lifecycles and agile methodologies
- Good knowledge of various software development frameworks
- Good knowledge of various programming languages
- Good knowledge of Software Testing
- Good knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming
- Experience in developing software for distributed systems with high performance, scalability, and availability
- leadership skills for management and development of staff
- Ability to collaborate and work with a team
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong background in various aspects of software development
- Good customer support skills
- Key Attributes/Competencies
- Logical thinking and problem solving
- Highly proven ethical conduct and free from criminal record; and
- Highly computer literate and presentation skills.
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
- Ability to work in agile environment