Website BongoHive Technology and Innovation Hub
Job Title: Software Developer
Start Date: ASAP
Reporting to: Director – Projects
Location: Lusaka (Hybrid: Remote Work and Office)
Deadline for applications: Friday, 13 August 2021 at 23:59hrs (GMT+2)
BongoHive Consult is an entrepreneurship, innovation, and technology consulting firm. We work with great minds building viable solutions that change the world. Our clients include startups, international development organizations, and large corporations.
The technology team requires a Senior Software Developer to join our growing team. Your role will include architecting solutions, writing documentation, deploying new applications, and maintaining existing platforms. Our technology stack includes TypeScript and relational and document databases. Our team is still relatively small so you will be comfortable with the occasional changes in areas of focus from one agile sprint to another.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an individual who:
- Is based in Lusaka, Zambia (or can relocate)
- Has analytical and problem-solving skills
- Can use their own initiative and is comfortable working remotely
- Has excellent communication and team working abilities
- Is comfortable interacting with clients directly
- Can lead and mentor a team of software developers
- Has a broad skillset and adaptability with a desire to learn new technologies and apply these on a day to day basis
In order to be eligible to apply for this role you must:
- Have a degree in Computer Science or demonstrated experience developing and shipping software applications
- Have an understanding of TDD/BDD concepts
- Have an understanding of both monolithic and microservice architecture and design
- Have experience designing and developing RESTful APIs
- Be comfortable with databases (including Mongo DB and MariaDB/MySQL)
- Have experience developing server-side technologies with Node JS
- Have an understanding of CI/CD (for example Jenkins, Github actions, or GitLab CI/CD)
- Have experience with the UNIX/Linux command line and core UNIX/Linux system services
- Be comfortable with cloud technologies (for example AWS, GCP, DigitalOcean)
- Have a basic understanding of networking and common protocols
- Be comfortable with the use of virtualization technologies (for example VirtualBox)
Nice to have:
- Human-Centered Design
- Passion for the startup ecosystem in Zambia
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Find Zambia Jobs – The best job board for Jobs in Zambia
To apply for this job please visit bongohive.co.zm.