Jhpiego is an international, non-profit health organization affiliated with The Johns Hopkins University. For 40 years in East and Southern Africa, Jhpiego has empowered front-line health workers by designing and implementing effective, low-cost, hands-on solutions that strengthen the delivery of health care services, following the household-to-hospital continuum of care. Jhpiego partners with organizations from the community to the national levels, building sustainable, local capacity through advocacy, policy development, human resources for health and quality and performance improvement approaches. For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org.
Jhpiego invites applications under The Health Workforce for the 21st Century (HW21) project.
HW 21 implements country level activities to accelerate progress towards addressing key human resources for health (HRH) systems barriers to sustainably achieving President’s Emergency Fund for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) 95-95-95 goals. HW21 provides support through technical and implementation assistance and generation of information through implementation research and analysis, including active sharing of results in order to inform program implementation. HW21 examines novel interventions and technologies such as HRH modeling more efficient HRIS development and efficient remote mentorship. In Zambia, HW21 will provide support to the Ministry of Health (MOH), Health Professions Council of Zambia and the General Nursing Council of Zambia (GNCZ) to improve HRH management and increasing capacity of health care workers (HCW) to deliver quality services.
The HRIS Software Developer will provide leadership and oversight to day-to-day HW21 software development activities. The HRIS Software Developer maintain, modify and improve the HRIS systems at HPCZ and GNC. Eventually, the position will work with the MOH, HPCZ, and GNC to link each organization’s database system.
- Maintain, modify, and improve the existing software systems with councils.
- Design, develop and implement new software for the health professionals’ databases.
- Assist in linking professional regulatory database systems to other health information systems to ensure an integrated and comprehensive database system for the entire health sector.
- Lead business process analysis and re-engineering.
- Document test plans, test procedures, and final system requirements.
- Conduct staff and user training and facilitation of training issues.
- Research & development of new technologies.
- Database backup and disaster recovery.
- Work closely with other team members.
- Integrate on-premise software systems to other web applications and services.
- Work with team members to develop user manuals.
- Assist in linking professional regulatory database systems to other health information systems to ensure an integrated and comprehensive database system for the entire health sector
- Develop annual and quarterly work plans and budget inputs for assigned activities under Objective 1.
- Submit monthly and quarterly reports on progress of assigned activities under Objectives 1.
- Identify risks to achievement of Objective 1 deliverables and develop and manage the mitigation plan.
- Develop and manage detailed change process for changes to the councils’ HRIS.
- BSC in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related course from a recognized Universitywith up 6-7 years’ experience in an active solutions development field.
- Recent direct experience support in software development to HRIS of the Zambia General Nursing Council of Zambia and/or the Health Professions Council of Zambia
- Prior training on software development for the HRISs for the aforementioned councils.
- Proficiency in at least one structured programming language such as Java, C#
- Knowledge and experience in designing and building web applications.
- Proficient in design and development of database management systems using MySQL and SQL Server
- Experience building/developing end-user reports using standard reporting tools such as Crystal Reports, Jasper, SQL Server Reporting Services and or Pentaho
- Good analytical and report writing skills
- Must be proactive and innovative keeping abreast with latest technological advancement
- Must have ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform
- Must be a team player, flexible and professional who is customer focused
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral, written and presentation)
- English fluency (verbal and written) required
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the year.
To apply, please send your application letter and curriculum vitae with three traceable references to the Human Resources Manager: [email protected]
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date is April 23, 2021
Find Zambia Jobs – The best Job board for jobs in Zambia
To apply for this job email your details to Zambiajobs@Jhpiego.org.