Tanzania Zambia Railway Authority (TAZARA)
The Tanzania Zambia Railway Authority (TAZARA) is a Statutory Institution owned by the two Governments of the United Republic of Tanzania and the Republic of Zambia on a 50/50 share holding basis, with its registered head Office being in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. The Authority has two Regional Administrative Centres, one in Mpika, Zambia and the other in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania Applications are invited from suitably qualified Tanzanians to fill the vacant positions as follows:
Job Title: Senior Technician Civil
Salary Scale: TSG 10
Reporting to: Senior Civil Engineer (Z)
The Senior Technician Civil will be responsible to supervise construction projects at sites including dams, roads, buildings etc, giving technical advice and ensuring that work is done within the required specifications and agreed time.
1. Prepares bills of quantities and sometimes diagrams and submits same to superior for approval and agreement with consultants of the project.
2. Prepares work schedules to show the activities to be done, number of people and other resources required and duration of the project.
3. Mobilizes all the necessary resources, ensuring that they are sufficient to last up to the completion of the project.
4. Mobilizes all the necessary resources, ensuring that they are sufficient to last up to the completion of the project
5. Discusses and resolves issues affecting the smooth progress of the project with consultants and workers so that the quality and progress of work are maintained.
6. Prepares project progress reports on actual work being done, materials used or required, problems that may cause delays etc and submits same to superior.
7. Carries out any other duties directly related to the construction and maintenance of buildings water supply systems etc.
1. Goal-oriented and able to work independently to achieve results, as well as able to collaborate with a diverse team.
2 Able to write analytical and technical reports
3. Strong interpersonal communication and leadership skills
4. Ability to manage and prioritize tasks and projects
5. Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. Grade 12 Certificate
2 Diploma in Civil Engineering, Building / Construction/ or its infrastructure equivalent from a reputable College or University
3. Five (5) years relevant work experience in infrastructure industry
4. Not less than 30 years of age
5. Postgraduate works at Technologist level, will be an added advantages
6. Registered Member of the Engineering Institute of Zambia (EIZ)
MODE OF APPLICATION
Only candidates who meet the specified requirement need to apply to the address indicated below, enclosing their detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of educational certificates, names and address of three traceable reference.
Closing Date: The closing date for applications is Friday, 25 March, 2022.
The Head Human Resource,
Tanzania Zambia Railway Authority,
Zambia Cost and Profit Centre,
P.O, Box T01,