Higher Education Loans and Scholarships Board (HELSB)
The Higher Education Loans and Scholarships Board (HELSB) is a statutory body established by the Higher Education Loans and Scholarships Act No. 31 of 2016 which has provided for the administration, granting, payment, recovery of student loans and investment provided for the administration and granting of scholarships: facilitated for mobilization of financial resources for loans and scholarships, and provided for matters connected with or incidental to the foregoing.
In fulfilling its mandate, HELSB is inviting competent, enthusiastic and qualified candidates to fill the following position:
Senior Risk Management Officer – 1 Position (Permanent and Pensionable)
Reporting to the Manager (Audit and Risk), the Senior Risk Management Officer’s responsibility is to undertake the identification and assessment of risks, and monitor and evaluate compliance to governance and internal control systems in order to facilitate the implementation of appropriate interventions
- Undertake timely development of risk management initiatives in order to mitigate risks
- Undertake effective monitoring and evaluation of compliance levels to governance and internal systems in order to ensure adherence to set standards and criteria.
- Undertake periodical conduct of Special Audits in order to promote effectiveness in the delivery of services
- Undertake timely investigation of non-compliant cases in order to facilitate prosecutions where applicable.
- Undertake regular the maintenance and updating of the Risk Management Database in order to facilitate storage, retrieval and processing of Information
- Undertake periodical preparation and publication of Risk and Compliance Reports in order to facilitate informed decision making
- Undertake timely monitoring and evaluation of unit programmes in order to assess their impact and facilitate the development of appropriate Interventions
- Undertake timely development of work plans and implementation of the Annual Performance Appraisal System (APAS) in order to monitor, evaluate and enhance performance.
Qualifications and Experience
- Full Grade 12 Certificate
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree with full professional qualification such as ZICA/CIMA/ACCA, CISA/CIA
- Certified Risk Analyst, or equivalent Risk Management Certificate
- Member of the Institute of Internal Auditors, ZICA, ACCA CIMA, CISA and IRM
- Minimum relevant pre-job experience 5 years of which 3 should be at supervisory level
Skills and Attributes
- Able to write technical and analytical reports:
- Able to communicate fluently in English and
- Should have Analytical skills, Interpersonal skills, Computer skills, Integrity, Tact and Diplomacy.
Candidates who meet the above Job Specifications and Competencies, Skills and Attributes should send their application letters, attaching their detailed Curriculum Vitae, photocopies of NRC, academic qualifications, professional and any other relevant documents to:
Please specify your contact details including phone number(s) and note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Chief Executive Officer
Higher Education Loans and Scholarships Board
P.O. Box 50464
or Hand delivered to:
2nd Floor United Church House,
No.8 Mosi-oa-Tunya Road,
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday, 9th July, 2021.
Find Zambia Jobs – The best job board for Jobs in Zambia