The Senior Network Administrator is responsible for the provision of network and communication related support to the Authority. The position administers allocated communication and networking equipment, server infrastructure and all communications platforms to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of ICT services employed in the administration of member funds.
- Deploy network and communication infrastructure as per the approved implementation plans, policies and procedures to support business efficiency.
- Configuration and set-up of all new routers, modems and associated communication equipment required for the company’s connectivity.
- Introduce redundancy in connectivity to all stations and ensure that each station has at least one link available at all times.
- Evaluate and determine appropriate materials for use in electronics and communications equipment and systems;
- Monitor Network and Internet connectivity for uptime consistent with the agreed Service Level Agreements.
- Develop and implement a Network and Internet connectivity management policy.
- Develop and implement an optimal Wide Area Network design and achieve 99% uptimes.
- Finding creative solutions to the challenges of network design mobile communications, data service requirements and internet and network signalling protocols
- Perform periodic optimization as maybe required to support efficient utilization of the NAPSA network and communication architecture.
- Execute the equipment replacement plan of depreciated equipment to ensure the management of IT equipment is in line with the NAPSA finance policies and procedures, as well as for the enhancement of service delivery.
- Provide support across the infrastructure and breadth of the Authority to enhance efficiency and effectiveness in the use of IT at NAPSA.
- Help test the disaster recovery plan and provide support to the technical staff to support enhance the preparedness of the IT Directorate for minimal disruptions in the administration of member funds.
- Conduct on-site inspections of electronics and communications installations.
- Grade 12 Certificate with 5 ‘O’ levels with credit or better in Mathematics and English.
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate or any Relevant IT Certification.
- Must be a member of the Information and Communication Technology Association of Zambia (ICTAZ) with a valid practicing license.
Minimum Experience Required
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience in a similar position in an organisation with a similar size of operations.
To apply for this job please visit careers.napsa.co.zm.