Kagem Mining Limited
Kagem Mining Limited, based in Lufwanyama, is the world’s single largest emerald producer. It covers an area of approximately 41 square kilometers and is in the central part of the Ndola Rural Emerald Restricted Area (“NRERA”), in the Copperbelt Province of Zambia. Kagem Mining prides itself on industry-leading health and safety standards, innovative approaches to engineering and cutting-edge management of unique geology.
Since 2008, Kagem is 75% owned by Gemfields, a world-leading supplier of responsibly sourced colored gemstones, in a model partnership with the Zambian government, through the Industrial Development Center (IDC). Kagem aims to emulate the values of Gemfields and operate in a way that contributes positively to the national economy, while taking a leading role in modernizing the colored gemstone sector and building sustainable livelihoods for the communities around the mine. Kagem believes that colored gemstones should be mined and marketed by championing three key values – legitimacy, transparency and integrity.
Position: Senior Manager – Human Resources (x1)
Reports to: Head Human Resources
Job Purpose: Providing input towards development of HR Strategies, Policies & Procedures, and ensuring effective implementation of the same.
- Provide input towards development of HR Strategies, Policies & Procedures.
- Ensure effective implementation of human resources strategies, policies and procedures in line with the mine’s corporate objectives.
- Ensure continuous job analysis for the purpose of maintaining updated role profiles for all the positions in the Company.
- Provision of industrial relations advice and guidance to line managers and maintain constant liaison with the union officials on issues affecting employees
- Provide advice to line managers on HR best practices to promote consistency in the implementation of HR policies
- Coordinate training activities to ensure that all the training and development plans are well implemented according to the established policies and procedures.
- Ensure that staff welfare policies are well implemented in compliance to the company.
- Promote effective communication at all levels between the company and its stakeholders to ensure effective industrial relations.
- Coordinate the constant review of human resources policies in order to update the staff manual for effective and efficient implementation of all activities.
- Timely provision of human resources and ad hoc reports to management.
- Manage the Company HRIS and maintain updated HR records in SmartHR to ensure full utilization of ESS by all staff.
- Ensure timely of manpower services to ensure that the mine is well resourced with the right staff at the right time within the Company establishment.
Qualifications / Experience & Skills
- Full Grade 12 certificate
- First degree in Human Resource Management/Social Science or related discipline. MBA/Master’s degree in a related social science will be an added advantage.
- 8 years’ work experience in a similar position with at least 3 years at senior level.
- Paid up member of the Zambia Institute of Human Resources .
- Practical knowledge in HR software.
- Excellent knowledge of the current Zambian labour laws.
- Current Membership of the ZIHRM.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Excellent analytical and evaluation skills.
- Good command of both oral and written communication.
The company provides single status accommodation at the mine site.
Send your applications (Covering Letter and CV only) to The Head-Human Resources by mail to; [email protected]. Certificates will only be required at the interview stage. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing date: 26th March 2021
Kagem Mining Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and encourages all eligible applicants to apply without any consideration to sex, cultural consideration, disability or creed. We do not charge or ask for money from candidates applying for jobs during any stage of the recruitment process, if you are asked for money by anybody, please do not proceed an report such individuals to the police immediately.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.