Energy Regulation Board (ERB)
The Energy Regulation Board (ERB) is a Statutory Body established by the Energy Regulation Act No. 12 of 2019 to regulate the energy sector in Zambia. Its key functions include licensing enterprises, setting prices for energy products and services, monitoring the quality of energy products and services and handling complaints from energy consumers.
The ERB now seeks to recruit a suitably qualified and experienced person to fill the position of Senior Manager Human Resource and Administration, who would be stationed at the ERB Head Office in Lusaka.
To maintain, motivate and develop human resources in order to enable ERB achieve its goals and objectives effectively and efficiently.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1) Develop human resource and administration policies and procedures and advise on organizational policy matters and recommend changes as necessary;
2) Identify staff vacancies and facilitate the recruitment and selection of applicants and put in place mechanisms for determining and implementing salary levels for existing and prospective staff consistent with ERB salary scales;
3) Plan and conduct new employee orientation and provide current and prospective employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, salaries and employee benefits;
4) Implement strategic action plans pertaining to training and development, while working closely with line management to ensure that staff training needs and actual training supports the core business of the ERB;
5) Analyse, modify and administer employee compensation and benefits to ensure employee satisfaction and acceptable conditions of service;
6) Develop and implement staff performance management systems that reward excellence and address poor performance, and fosters succession planning;
7) Plan and conduct Job Evaluation, Salary Surveys and Organisation Development activities so as to rationalize the effective deployment and utilization of staff.
8) Execute health, safety and programmes for employees;
9) Promote employee engagement, handles and mediates employee disputes and develops programmes to promote employee retention;
10) Deploy the Human Resources and records information management systems that facilitate business and strategic planning at both corporate and functional level;
11) Devise and implement a sound the Disciplinary Code of Conduct in the organization so as to maintain discipline in the workplace; and
12) Plan, supervise and coordinate work activities of subordinates within the department.
- B.A Human Resource Management, Public Administration, or its equivalent
- Master’s Degree would be an added advantage
- Paid up Membership to the Zambia Institute of Human Resource Management
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ work experience, two (2) of which should have been at Management Level,
- Experience in Industrial Relations
- Interpersonal skills
- Emotional and Social Intelligence skills
- Computer literate
How to Apply
Applicants must submit hard copies of application letter, current Curriculum Vitae, certified photocopies of relevant academic and professional qualifications no later than 18th July, 2022. The envelope must be marked JOB APPLICATION – SENIOR MANAGER HUMAN RESOURCE AND ADMINISTRATION and addressed to:
The Director General
Energy Regulation Board
Plot No. 9330, Danny Pule Road
P.O. Box 37631
Submissions by email will NOT be accepted. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.