Flutterwave was founded on the principle that every African must be able to participate and thrive in the global economy. To achieve this objective, we have built a trusted payment infrastructure that allows consumers and businesses (African and International) make and receive payments in a convenient borderless manner.
The Role: Flutterwave is looking for a Senior Manager, Finance who will administer accounting operations to meet legal requirements. Additionally, he/she will be responsible for managing accounting activities, bank reconciliations and accounts receivable
What Your Day-to-Day Activities Will Be
- Oversee day-to-day financial operations, ensuring accuracy and compliance with financial regulations
- Conduct regular financial analysis and provide insights to support strategic decision-making
- Prepare comprehensive financial reports for management and external stakeholders
- Ensure accuracy and transparency in financial reporting.
- Ensure compliance with all Zambian tax laws and regulations.
- Work closely with external tax advisors to optimize tax strategies and minimize liabilities
- Prepare and submit accurate and timely tax returns.
- Attend to tax audit queries, tax audit exercises, transfer pricing audits, and other routine checks from regulators in relation to tax matters
- Work with The People Team to ensure tax compliance with all employee-related taxes and contributions
- Manage the accounting activities of the Zambian entity, including but not limited to:
- General ledger maintenance.
- Financial statement preparation and analysis.
- Accounts payable and receivable oversight
- Participate in monthly financial close activities including performance report preparation for Zambian entity
- Develop and implement treasury strategies to optimize cash flow
- Monitor and manage the organization’s liquidity and investment portfolios
- Execute financial transactions, including debt financing and investment activities
Required Competencies And Skills To Be a Waver
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field.
- CPA, CMA, or other relevant professional certifications. strongly preferred
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in finance operations roles
- Strong knowledge of local financial regulations, tax laws, and accounting principles
- Proven experience in treasury management and financial analysis
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Proficient in financial software and Microsoft Office Suite
To apply for this job please visit flutterwavego.bamboohr.com.