Kagem Mining Limited
Kagem Mining Limited, based in Lufwanyama, is the world’s single largest emerald producer. It covers an area of approximately 41 square kilometers and is in the central part of the Ndola Rural Emerald Restricted Area (“NRERA”), in the Copperbelt Province of Zambia. Kagem Mining prides itself on industry-leading health and safety standards, innovative approaches to engineering, and cutting-edge management of unique geology.
Since 2008, Kagem is 75% owned by Gemfields, a world-leading supplier of responsibly sourced colored gemstones, in a model partnership with the Zambian government, through the Industrial Development Center (IDC). Kagem aims to emulate the values of Gemfields and operate in a way that contributes positively to the national economy while taking a leading role in modernizing the colored gemstone sector and building sustainable livelihoods for the communities around the mine. Kagem believes that colored gemstones should be mined and marketed by championing three key values – legitimacy, transparency, and integrity.
Senior Manager – Corporate Affairs (1 Position)
- Develop annual and quarterly work plans for submission to management.
- Conduct Participatory Rural Appraisals (PRAS) in the two respective catchment areas to enhance and address community felt needed development.
- Identify stakeholders for each programme/project.
- Implement programmes as scheduled in the work plan
- Monitor, evaluate, and report any emergent issues.
- Submit weekly, monthly and quarterly reports.
- Facilitate tours to project sites to visitors.
- Implement Chiefs MoU on monthly basis. Give feedback to management and vice versa. Constantly engage with the community and all ensure all meetings and trainings are documented.
Conduct training needs assessment and identify training needs in the community.
Facilitate training workshops for communities, farmer groups, women, youths, entrepreneurs and Royal establishment workshops etc.
Attend stakeholder .meetings and any other meetings relevant to your work
Manage community grievances until cases are closed off and update the community grievance register. Give updates in the Weekly departmental meetings.
Follow-up and implement all Company commitments in the communities.
Ensure all community contributions are fulfilled.
Provide advice Communities on to Company/Community developments and adhere to Company Societal Policy.
Ensure harmony between the company and communities is upheld to promote and uphold the social licence to operate for the company.
Conducts periodical CSR programme appraisals and social audits whenever they are due to ascertain programme impact in the communities and determine their relevance and review the programme.
Qualifications and Experience
- Grade 12 certificate.
- First degree in a Social Science or related field.
- Masters degree in Corporate Affairs and Sustainability Development will be an added advantage.
- 10 years’ work experience in a similar capacity with at least 5 years experience at senior level.
- Must be in possession of a valid driver’s license
- Must posses leadership and management skills
- Excellent analytical and evaluation skills
- Good command of both oral and written communication
- Ability to conduct research
- Good computer literate.
Send your applications (Covering Letter and CV only) to The Head-Human Resources by mail to; firstname.lastname@example.org Certificates will only be required at the interview stage.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing date: 26th May 2021
Kagem Mining Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and encourages all eligible applicants to apply without any consideration to sex, cultural consideration, disability, or creed. We do not charge or ask for money from candidates applying for jobs during any stage of the recruitment process, if you are asked for money by anybody, please do not proceed and report such individuals to the police immediately.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.