Website Zambia Bureau of Standards (ZABS)
1. SENIOR LABORATORY ANALYST – MICROBIOLOGY & CHEMISTRY (ZABS 4 x1)
To supervise the day-to-day running of the Microbiology and Chemistry Laboratories and ensure that test work is performed efficiently and to the satisfaction of superiors and clients.
The performance of work will be carried out in line with the requirements of the Laboratory Quality System, ISO/IEC 17025 and Accreditation bodies.
A. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that appropriate test methods and procedures are developed and existing ones revised to meet required standards
- Ensure that samples are tested efficiently and in accordance with agreed procedures and schedules
- Monitor the quality of test results and ensure that effective quality control measures are in place
- Implement and maintain an effective laboratory quality management system in the section to ensure laboratory accreditation
- Ensure that equipment is properly maintained and calibrated in accordance with established schedules
- Ensure that appropriate laboratory consumables are procured, properly utilized and stock levels adequately maintained.
- Ensure effective supervision of subordinates, identify their training needs and conduct on-the-job training
- Ensure that appropriate environmental, health and safety procedures are compiled and implemented to protect personnel and the environment.
- Investigate all client complaints and ensure satisfactory remedial and preventive actions are taken.
- Ensure that effective communication is maintained with clients, suppliers and management and accurate reports are issued on time
- Ensure effective implementation and maintenance of the Laboratory Quality Policy, ISO/IEC 17025 and other statutory & regulatory requirements.
B. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Full Grade 12 Certificate
- Degree in Chemistry and Microbiology, Food Science or equivalent.
- 7 years’ experience at supervisory level in busy chemical and microbiology laboratory
- Technical Skills: ISO 17025: Knowledge and implementation is a must, Method Validation, Proficiency Testing and Laboratory Accreditation procedures.
- Able to write clearly and produce accurate reports
- Able to communicate effectively in English
- Candidate must have Management Skills, Leadership skills and Interpersonal Skills
- Computer Literate (including use of spread sheets, word processing, PowerPoint and Internet)
The positions in ZABS 5 are in Permanent and Pensionable conditions of service category whilst
positions in ZABS 4 are in contractual conditions of service.
Suitably qualified individuals are therefore encouraged to apply for the jobs, by sending your application letter together with copies of educational and professional certificates and a detailed CV as a SINGLE PDF document to [email protected]. The title of the PDF document should include the Candidate’s Name and Position applied for. All applications must be submitted electronically, any application delivered physically WILL NOT be considered. Closing date for applications is 26th January, 2022.
The Human Resources and Administration Manager
Zambia Bureau of Standards
P.O Box 50259
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.