Higher Education Loans and Scholarships Board (HELSB)
The Higher Education Loans and Scholarships Board (HELSB) is a statutory body established by the Higher Education Loans and Scholarships Act No. 31 of 2016 which has provided for the administration, granting, payment, recovery of student loans and investment provided for the administration and granting of scholarships: facilitated for mobilization of financial resources for loans and scholarships, and provided for matters connected with or incidental to the foregoing.
In fulfilling its mandate, HELSB is inviting competent, enthusiastic and qualified candidates to fill the following position:
Senior Investment Officer (Re-Advertised) – 1 Position (Permanent and Pensionable)
Reporting to the Fund Manager, the Senior Investment Officer’s responsibility is to undertake development and implementation of investment strategies and mechanisms in order to mobilize financial resources, increase coverage and sustain the Higher Education Loans and scholarships Fund.
- Undertake effective formulation and review of investment policies, regulations and guidelines in order to provide a framework for prudent investment of funds
- Undertake timely development and implementation of investment strategies and mechanisms in order to mobilize financial resources and ensure growth of the Higher Education Loans and Scholarships Fund
- Undertake effective mobilization of financial resources in order to facilitate award of loans and scholarships thus increase access to higher education
- Undertake effective management and administration of the Higher Education Loans and Scholarships Fund in order to ensure its accountability and sustainability
- Undertake timely preparation and submission of investment reports in order to facilitate informed decision making
- Undertake regular maintenance and updating of the investment Portfolio database in order to facilitate storage, retrieval and processing of information.
- Undertake timely liaisons and collaborations and linkages with key stakeholders in order to increase the investment portfolio
- Undertake timely monitoring and evaluation of unit programs in order to assess their impact and facilitate the development of appropriate interventions
- Undertake timely development of work plans and implementation of the Annual Performance Appraisal System (APAS) in order to monitor evaluate and enhance performance.
Qualifications and Experience
- Full Grade 12 Certificate
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Statistics, Commerce, Accountancy, Full ACCA/CIMA or its equivalent
- Minimum relevant pre job experience 5 years of which 3 should be at supervisory level
Skills and Attributes
- Able to write technical and analytical reports
- Able to communicate fluently in English and
- Should have Analytical skills, Interpersonal skills, Computer skills, integrity, Tact and Diplomacy
Candidates who meet the above Job Specifications and Competencies, Skills and Attributes should send their application letters, attaching their detailed Curriculum Vitae, photocopies of NRC, academic qualifications, professional and any other relevant documents to:
Please specify your contact details including phone number(s) and note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Chief Executive Officer
Higher Education Loans and Scholarships Board
P.O. Box 50464
or Hand delivered to:
2nd Floor United Church House,
No.8 Mosi-oa-Tunya Road,
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday, 9th July, 2021.
Find Zambia Jobs – The best job board for Jobs in Zambia