Job Title: Senior Internal Auditor
The Senior Internal Auditor is an operational level position in the Internal Audit unit of Infratel, he/she is responsible for the engagement planning, execution, and reporting of operational, compliance, and financial audits as planned in the approved Internal Audit Annual Plan and assist the Manager Internal Audit and risk (MIAR) in the implementation of the audit plan. Provide sound advisory support to the business to drive improvements in revenue and cost optimization; effectiveness and efficiency, promoting awareness of business risk, examine business processes control improvement, provide assurance that the risk, business continuity management, and disaster recovery plans, compliance requirements are operating effectively.
Internal Audit Planning
- Participates in the development and implementation of the overall risk based annual Internal audit plan.
- Plan specific audit engagements as per approved audit plan, by conducting engagement risk assessments, develop audit strategy, objectives, and audit programs for manager review.
- Draft engagement memos with clear audit objectives, scope, and timelines.
- Supports the Manager Internal Audit and risk in refreshing the approved annual internal audit plan to accommodate identified risks.
- Document process flow charts for key processes using Microsoft Visio.
- Prepare logistical support of specific audit assignments
Internal Audit Execution and management
- Conduct audits as per agreed audit program, tests, and within the agreed timelines and cost.
- Gather relevant and adequate audit evidence to support audit findings
- Draft audit reports for MIAR review with accompanying audit files
- Provide assurance on the adequacy and operational effectiveness of controls aimed at addressing identified risks in the audit process.
- Perform audits to assess the adequacy and operational effectiveness of the Business Continuity Plans, Disaster Recovery Plans, RCSA and but not limited to Enterprise risk management.
- Review the design effectiveness of policies and procedures and level of adherence.
- Conduct monthly audit follow-ups to ensure timely and effective implementation of corrective actions highlighted by the following assurance functions, Auditor General’s office, Group IDC auditors, External auditors, and Internal
- Provide advisory support in the implementation of projects
- Conduct revenue assurance audits on service provisioning
- Conducts audits on technical processes and tower operations
Quality Assurance and Improvement
- Actively participate in the departmental peer review of work papers and reports
- Participate in the implementation of the Internal Audit Quality assurance process
- Perform audits in conformity with the International Standards for Professional Practice framework, ISO 27001, risk management and business continuity best practices and other standards,
- Keep abreast with Public Financial Management Act, FIC / AML, IFRS/IAS, ZICTA, ICTAZ, Bank of Zambia, Data privacy laws, and any other relevant laws.
- Supports in the development of relevant, Control, and Risk related policies and procedures of Infratel
- Strict ad here to the professional ethical code of the IIA
- Conduct internal control training for staff.
- Stay up to date with relevant Internal Audit certifications and developments.
People Management and Relationships
- Good interpersonal skills as the role requires one to interact with staff at all levels
- Exercise professional diplomacy in communication and conflict resolution always.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum Bachelors’ Degree in Accountancy, Economics, Commerce, Telecommunications, Computer Science, or related business Degree, and/or Full ZICA (CA),CIMA and ACCA
- Certification in CIA is added advantage
- Member of either IIA Zambia or ZICA
- 1-3 years practical experience in Internal Audit in a fast-paced Telecommunications or digital environment.
To apply for this job please visit www.enchito.co.zm.