National Health Insurance Management Authority (NHIMA)
The role will be responsible for carrying out human resource operations of the Authority within the Human Resource & Administration Department.
The key functions of the role will include but not limited to;
- Maintaining a recruitment plan as approved and following up the status of recruitment for each position vacant;
- Coordinating and conducting interviews and assessments with hiring managers
- Ensuring all newly hired staff are scheduled for onboarding/ induction programme in one weeks’ time of onboard;
- Ensuring that job offer letters, contract agreements are timely prepared with job description;
- Ensuring all staff have specific roles and received performance evaluation as per timeline.
- Compiling and reporting performance evaluation results for staff for management intervention;
- Maintaining performance tracking for each individual and copies of Performance evaluations in their file.
- Following up with supervisors and employees that performance evaluation actions/recommendations are implemented;
- Assisting the head of the department in developing and maintaining a training programme of all internal and external training;
- Assisting the head of the department in collecting feedback from staff and supervisors and developing major training needs for the year;
Identifying internal and external capacity to conduct training based on the identified needs;
- Monitoring and keeping a record of training activities in the year and evaluating the effectiveness of the training and development interventions;
- Managing employee relations matters and procedures in line with the Disciplinary Policy, Code & Disciplinary Handling Process;
- Processing payroll and collaborating with Finance Manager for final payments and collaboration with Finance & Investments Directorate for payment of statutory obligations such as NAPSA, NHIS, WCFCB, PAYE;
- Administering human resource and administration policies for equity, fairness and consistency;
- Providing advice and support to managers and staff on human resource-related matters;
- Reviewing policies and procedures and recommending changes as may be required;
- Participating and/or leading in human resource projects and process improvement initiatives;
- Performing any other task as may be delegated from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Grade twelve (12) School certificate with 5 credits which should include English Language and Mathematics.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management, General Management, Public Administration, Industrial Psychology, Organisational Development or any related field;
- A Member of Zambia Institute of Human Resource Management; and
- At least five (5) years of industry experience
Competencies required for this Role
- Good oral and writing skills;
- Must be proficient in computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel); scheduling appointments/updating calendars;
- General knowledge of Zambian labour laws and practices;
- Skills in database management and record keeping; and
- Must have good interpersonal skills and organisational skills;