Kagem Mining Limited
Kagem Mining Limited, based in Lufwanyama, is the world’s single largest emerald producer. It covers an area of approximately 41 square kilometers and is in the central part of the Ndola Rural Emerald Restricted Area (“NRERA”), in the Copperbelt Province of Zambia. Kagem Mining prides itself on industry-leading health and safety standards, innovative approaches to engineering, and cutting-edge management of unique geology.
Since 2008, Kagem is 75% owned by Gemfields, a world-leading supplier of responsibly sourced colored gemstones, in a model partnership with the Zambian government, through the Industrial Development Center (IDC). Kagem aims to emulate the values of Gemfields and operate in a way that contributes positively to the national economy while taking a leading role in modernizing the colored gemstone sector and building sustainable livelihoods for the communities around the mine. Kagem believes that colored gemstones should be mined and marketed by championing three key values – legitimacy, transparency, and integrity.
- Implement HR policies and strategies
- Interpretation of terms and conditions of service.
- Provision of advice to both employees and management.
- Attending to day-to-day queries from employees.
- Capturing of IR data into Smart HR/ SACQ systems.
- Monitors IR atmosphere and gives prompt advise to management.
- Handle disciplinary & grievance processes.
- Liaison with National & Branch unions on matters affecting the workforce.
- Participating in the Collective bargaining processes.
- Handle and follow matters before the courts.
- Assist in administration of employee welfare activities.
- Monitor the catering and housekeeping services.
- Coordinate sports and recreation facilities including Lake House.
- Administration of staff benefits such as GLA/GPA, medical schemes, funeral grants, Pensions & terminal dues etc.
- Maintaining discipline amongst staff and provide periodical in house training for staff development
Qualifications/Experience & Skills
- Grade 12 certificate.
- Degree in Human Resource Management or any related Social Science degree.
- Minimum 5 years’ work experience in a similar position.
- Paid up member of the ZIHRM.
- Excellent knowledge of the current Zambian labour laws.
- Excellent knowledge of the current mining regulations.
- Good computer skills.
- Practical knowledge in HR software
- Excellent analytical and evaluation skills
- Good command of both oral and written Communication.
- Possession of good leadership skills.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
Send your applications (Covering Letter and CV only) to The Head-Human Resources by mail to; email@example.com Certificates will only be required at the interview stage.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing date: 26th May 2021
Kagem Mining Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and encourages all eligible applicants to apply without any consideration to sex, cultural consideration, disability, or creed. We do not charge or ask for money from candidates applying for jobs during any stage of the recruitment process, if you are asked for money by anybody, please do not proceed and report such individuals to the police immediately.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.