Centre for Infectious Disease Research in Zambia (CIDRZ)
Senior Grants Management Officer SG/GC/09/03/22
Reports to the Grants & Contracts Specialist, the incumbent coordinates the grants making process for sub-awardees. Facilitates the fund disbursement as per the approved budget, monitor the implementation of sub-awardee activities and build the capacity of the sub-awardees to ensure effective management of funds and timely reporting. This position also focuses on servicing internal clients and processes as defined in that Grants Management Manual. He/she actively works with the other Grants Management Officers and Head of Grants and Contracts in managing related awards as well as following up departmental tasks and ensuring tasks are tracked, followed up and executed.
- Coordinates the grants making process from solicitation to contracting which includes review/preparation of their proposals and budgets under USAID
- Ensures request for funds on behalf of the sub-awardees are processed based on the work plans for their day-to-day activities.
- Reviews monthly liquidations after funds disbursement and retirement by the sub-awardees and check that activities were carried out as per the approved budget.
- Builds capacity of the sub-awardees on the application of the USAID financial rules and regulations for the implementation of program activities.
- Works closely with project team and sub-awardees to develop costed work-plans and budgets.
- Prepares and submits monthly liquidations and quarterly FFRs to USAID in collaboration with the finance.
- Actively participates in program meetings as appropriate to effectively plan and collectively coordinate financial and programmatic activities in conjunction with sub-awardees capacity building initiatives.
- Ensures sub-awardees Fixed Asset Registers are up to date and verifications are done on a regular basis.
- Ensures staff follow grants management policies, standards and procedures.
- Assists in reviewing Notice of Awards (NOAs), Memorandum of Understanding, and Subcontracts to identify and resolve budget, compliance and/or other problems, in cooperation with appropriate program staff, not excluding audit and/or other issues as required.
- Circulates notices for current and closing sub-awards; grant applications in progress/awarded; re-budgeting forms and issues on donor regulations/guidelines as deemed necessary.
- Obtains required closeout information and facilitates grant closeout process with finance and Chief of Party or project teams.
- Supports the Head of Grants and Contracts in proposal budget development/reviews to ensure compliance with budget policy.
- Monitors awards milestones, funding mechanism and reconciliation of bridge funding support.
- Review USAID monthly budget to actuals and project meetings and following up on award burn rates.
- Coordinates and facilitates the resolution of all Grant and Contract related technical and financial issues between Project Teams and Finance/Operations Teams
- Reviews all procurements request for relevant projects including, Air Travel Authorizations and Recruitment requisitions.
- Provide mentorship and capacity building to other staff
- Degree in Business Administration/Accountancy or any other relevant academic/professional qualification
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience with private sector or NGO’s or International Organization with experience
- Strong knowledge and training in USG or any other donor regulations and policies.
- Proven experience with budget development, monitoring and reporting and strategic development
- Demonstrates a high degree of independence, requiring minimal supervision from management to accomplish complex project work assignments
- Experience with budget development, monitoring and reporting and strategic development
- Ability to proactively identify projects and initiatives, and eagerly accepts challenges and new responsibilities
- Ability to successfully interface with senior level colleagues in other organizations
- Proven experience working in teams who have won competitive grants
- Experience maintaining relationships with international partners
- Microsoft programs required
- Familiarity with accounting software especially ERP.
Suitably qualified candidates are invited to apply. However only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. To apply for this position, please go to http://www.cidrz.org/jobs/
To apply for this job please visit jobs.cidrz.org.