Job Title: Senior Electrician
Yalelo is Seeking a skilled Senior Electrician who will lead the Electrical team in undertaking a variety of electric repairs and periodic testing within a production area. To assist the Electrical team to ensure compliance with regulations. Ensuring the service is efficient, customer-focused, and cost-effective and that a quality product is delivered all the time.
Location: The role will be primarily based in Siavonga at our Production plant.
The Right Fit candidate will be responsible for;
- Concentrating and specializes in electrical design, installation, alteration, troubleshooting, repair, and inspection of main and branch circuits of interior and exterior electrical systems.
- Repairing power distribution, transformer, emergency generators, and other miscellaneous electrical components.
- Performing planning, estimating, and commission of new construction and renovations of electrical systems, and equipment which require direct involvement in calculating and balancing three-phase panel loads.
- Reading electrical blueprints, diagrams, wiring schematics, and other drawings.
- Compiles documents, analyses test data, and performs electrical calculations to determine the source of problems and the corrective action to take.
- Using various electrical test instruments to determine power requirements and availability.
- Assembling and installing lighting fixtures, switches, disconnects, electrical panels, junction boxes, conduit fittings, hangers, pulls wiring / cabling, and makes wiring terminations
- Assembling, installing, testing, and repairing electrical conduits, fittings, electrical panels, switchboards, transformers, motor controls centers, and motor starter.
- Ensuring safe execution of each assignment as per work order
- Assigning, completing, and documents work requests utilizing the Facilities (CMMS) Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Scheduling work with managers and other departments
- Managing electrical contractor activities and work plans
- Managing and continuously developing the team of Electricians, ensuring that forecast labor and material resources are appropriately planned and allocated by projected workflow and agreed budgets
- Aspiring to continuously improve in all areas of electrical engineering across the site
The Senior Electrician Must Have:
- Minimum of a Diploma in Electrical Engineering from a reputable institution
- Grade Twelve (12) Certificate
- Member of EIZ
- Experience in staff supervision management and operations
- Experience in High and Low Voltage electrical systems, working with and troubleshooting generator sets
- 4 Years of Experience as an electrician
- Experience in handling electrical equipment, maintenance, and repair
- Experience working in an FMCG Industry is an added advantage
- A certificate of competency is required
If this is YOU, Yalelo wants to hear from you today!!!
This is a full-time position and the successful candidate must be available to work weekdays and weekends.
Find Zambia Jobs – The best job board for Jobs in Zambia
To apply for this job please visit yalelo.breezy.hr.