Bank of Zambia
Published On : 21 May 2021
Closing Date : 3 June 2021
The Bank of Zambia, an equal opportunity employer, invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced Zambians for the following position:
SENIOR ECONOMIST – MACROECONOMIC ANALYSIS, RO (1POST)
To plan, supervise and co-ordinate the operations of the Economics Unit at Regional Office so as to ensure timely production of analytical and research reports to enhance the effectiveness of monetary policy.
- Conduct relevant policy research, generate inflation forecasts and policy analysis.
- Collect real sector data and generate appropriate reports.
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders on economic developments in the northern and other regions.
- Prepare, evaluate and maintain annual work plans for the Unit.
- Participate and coordinate business continuity activities for the Economics Department.
- Coordinate data management for the Regional Office.
- Undertake surveys to collect information relevant for monetary policy.
Qualifications and Experience
- MSc/MA/MPhil in economics, money and banking or monetary and financial economics or equivalent;
- Five (5) years relevant experience; and
- Grade 12 School Certificate with a minimum of five (5) ‘O’ Levels (Credit or better).
Key Knowledge and Attributes
- Experience in macroeconomic analysis, econometric modelling and forecasting at middle management level in a reputable organisation.
- Good writing and research skills.
- Ability to work in an intense deadline environment
- Working knowledge of office and econometrics software.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to work harmoniously in a team.
- Analytical thinking.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
Bank of Zambia Conditions of Service will apply.
Only candidates meeting the above role specifications are invited to apply online via the BOZ Career page on www.boz.zm. Applicants’ application letter, detailed curriculum vitae (CV), certified copies of certificates and National Registration Card MUST be attached to the application. Hardcopy applications will not be accepted and the closing date for applications is Thursday, 3 June 2021.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit lde.tbe.taleo.net.